+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How can I get info from 3G 4.2.1 to 3G 3.1.3?

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Here is my situation. I have a 3G -8GB running 4.2.1 & 05.15.04 firmware (is that considered the baseband?). I recently got a 16GB 3G running 3.1.3 & 05.12.01 firmware.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default How can I get info from 3G 4.2.1 to 3G 3.1.3?
    Here is my situation. I have a 3G -8GB running 4.2.1 & 05.15.04 firmware (is that considered the baseband?). I recently got a 16GB 3G running 3.1.3 & 05.12.01 firmware. I'd like to get all the setting (mostly txt, pix & notes) from the 8GB cell to the 16GB. I DO NOT want to upgrade the 3.1.3 to 4.2.1 if I can help it. I'm going overseas & need to have 1 or hopefully both Unlocked so I can use them. I believe its quite complicated to Unlock 4.2.1 & 5.15.04 (have to use some ipad firmware trick?). I'm pretty sure I can not do a simply Restore from the latest back up of the 8GB phone because they don't have the same OS.
    -How can I get the info I want off the 4.2.1 to the 3.1.3?
    -Are there files saved someplace that I can access that holds, call-txt history, notes etc..?
    -Would it help if I rolled back the 4.2.1 to 3.1.3 or would I lose everything & have to restore from latest backup of 3.1.3?
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 15,019 Times in 6,925 Posts

You would need to use something like juice phone or iPhone backup extractor to extract all your stuff from the 4.2.1 backup and manually put it back onto the 3.1.3 one. Pictures and notes are easier as they can be synced with iTunes to your computer and then synced back to the other phone regardless of firmware. But stuff like texts and apps data you will have to get from the backup with one of those tools.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wow thanks for the info I'll look into it tonight. Was I right about unlocking a 4.2.1 - 5.15.04? How hard is it to unlock or roll back the OS & baseband to 3.1.3 & 5.12.01?

Thanks

No way to downgrade the baseband, for that one only updating to the ipad baseband would unlock it. You will lose gps though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok I got & used "iPhone Backup Extractor". Juice Phone looked easier but I'm on Win7. It found my files no problem. I selected all the folders it showed. I choose to "extract selected". It made a backup of my...well "backup". Now I have these folders & I do not know what to do with them. I've been all over the internet, forums & youtube trying to figure out what I do with the folders it created. I attached a picture of what the folders look like.
    -How do I load all this info from the backup folders I created on to the 16GB iphone. Is there a way to force iTunes to use that new backup folder holding the files the program created as a backup file that generally uses in normal circumstances. I'm completely clueless on how to proceed.
    Thank!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How can I get info from 3G 4.2.1 to 3G 3.1.3?-picture-backup-files.jpg  

Thanks

I have never used iphone backup extractor so unsure what to do with that. I have used juicephone and basically I take the files it extracts and manually put those into each appropriate folder. So for eg with angry birds I would take the data that was extracted and put it into the angry birds application folder (I use iPhone explorer for easy access to the applications folder).