Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Reseting Iphoneis a discussion within the
Hardwareforums, a part of the
hi, i just recently purchased a used iphone 4, and i wanted to reset the whole thing back to its factory settings and delete everything that was added on. The...
03-14-2011, 07:19 PM #1Reseting Iphone
hi, i just recently purchased a used iphone 4, and i wanted to reset the whole thing back to its factory settings and delete everything that was added on. The only way i can think of doing that is through itunes. So if i did reset the phone this way will the ios and bb remain the same or will it update?
03-14-2011, 10:20 PM #2
If itunes tells you to update and you update then it will change firmware im not sure about baseband
03-16-2011, 06:51 PM #3
If it was jailbroken, a lot of factors come in to play. A few:
1) Which iOS are you running currently?
2) Which baseband are you currently on?
3) Do you require an unlock?
4) Why are you wanting to restore it to factory settings? Repair?
5) Do you have SHSHs for your firmware you are wanting to restore to?
6) Do you have TinyUmbrella?
Answer these questions first and I'll be able to assist you further.