Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G - New battery installed - Drain problems

Angry iPhone 3G - New battery installed - Drain problems
    Hey guys,

Last night I replaced my iphone 3G's battery. The old battery wouldn't hold a charge longer than maybe 6 hours with minimal usage.

I replaced it with a replacement battery purchased off EBay.

1600 Mah - Followed a tutorial and install went perfect.
    Shut it off - charged overnight.

I am getting worse battery life now it seems? Removed from charger at about 10am and it's almost dead now around 2.

Could I have a lemon battery?

Is there a certain procedure for charging up a brand new battery?

I did notice that there are options for an 1150 mah battery, but figured the 1600 would last longer. wtf?

If it matters, My 3G is jailbroken on 3.1.3 fw using jailbreakme.com

Any insight to this problem is greatly appreciated! It's driving me nuts! HELP!

Thanks!

Did you try a full restore?

6 hours on an iPhone 3g sounds pretty good accucally

i also have a battery problem i used to get like 1 or 1.5 hours outta my 3g battery
    so i bought the 1150 mAh battery off ebay

installed it and now when i press the power button i see the apple logo for 20 secs and it turns off.

im going to charge it overnight and hopefully it will work.

did you do anything differently?

p.s. i think 6 hours is pretty good if your on 3g and doing light email games some browsing

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Confession: I obsess over bettery life

In my findings I've had a jailbreak that just KILLED my battery life. I DFU restored, rejailbroke and all was great. May be worth a shot if restoring isn't a big deal for you

I bought those same batteries on eBay, I think they're B.S.'ing about the 1600mAh's. The iPhone I replaced also took a long time but after a few good charges & a warm iPhone it works great! I know for a fact that the batteries I purchased that say 1600mAh's are NOT 1600mAh's because I used a jailbreak app from Cydia called "BatteryDetective." It shows all info about the battery, like cycle count & most importantly mAh capacity. The batteries that I purchased from eBay that have a very believable 1600mAh rating printed on them, BatteryDetective app says they're capacity is 1200mAh's.

Quote Originally Posted by afgomar07 View Post
    i also have a battery problem i used to get like 1 or 1.5 hours outta my 3g battery
    so i bought the 1150 mAh battery off ebay

installed it and now when i press the power button i see the apple logo for 20 secs and it turns off.

im going to charge it overnight and hopefully it will work.

did you do anything differently?

p.s. i think 6 hours is pretty good if your on 3g and doing light email games some browsing
    Doesn't sound good.. You still have a problem in the charging system.. Check the charging port too

No i have no problems i thought i put in the new battery but i didnt lol my mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Adiktid View Post
    Hey guys,

Last night I replaced my iphone 3G's battery. The old battery wouldn't hold a charge longer than maybe 6 hours with minimal usage.

I am getting worse battery life now it seems? Removed from charger at about 10am and it's almost dead now around 2.

I did notice that there are options for an 1150 mah battery, but figured the 1600 would last longer. wtf?

Thanks!
    If u want to check if the 1600mAh rating is real, get "BatteryDetective" in Cydia. I bought 1600mAh batteries on eBay & they say 1600mAh's on them but "BatteryDetective" app says they aren't! I'll take photos & screenshots, to post. Unfortunately I left positive feedback for them before noticing they weren't 1600mAh's, I've seen all the 1600mAh 3GS batteries on eBay & I'd bet ur batteries say 1600mAh's but are not.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

When I'm Good, I'm Very Good iGood's Avatar
    Thanks

I never knew you could replace your battery??!!

Quote Originally Posted by Adiktid View Post
    Hey guys,

Thanks!
    Just to update on the status of the 1600mAh iPhone 3GS batteries, on eBay. I was messing around with one & I replaced my dog tag style bluetooth 180mAh battery with one of those 1600mAh batteries. Upon further investigation, the 1600mAh rating is just a fake sticker. It's exactly same wrapped type silver sticker but underneath is the real silver sticker! I'll post picks in a few minutes, just in case anyone cared!

Here's the before & after shot of the same battery! Lol, I knew the 1600mAh rating was fake when I used "BatteryDetective" app & it said 1200mAh. Too bad I left positive feedback for them, anyone purchasing 1600mAh batteries for iPhone 3GS should reconsider!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

Here's the after, I could only post one pic at a time!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by nillam1 View Post
    Here's the after, I could only post one pic at a time!

Oh my God that's scandallous. What was the name of the ebay seller???

hahaha.. that 1600mah one is not cool.
    L@@k at mine from ebay too.
    2430mah = 4.51whr ? WTF eBay HK seller ?!
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/46036958/Pho...%2044%20AM.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by tangbunna View Post
    hahaha.. that 1600mah one is not cool.
    L@@k at mine from ebay too.
    2430mah = 4.51whr ? WTF eBay HK seller ?!
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/46036958/Pho...%2044%20AM.jpg
    Lol, 2430 mAh's! I thought I got ripped of with only 1600 mAh's, yours are way better. Funny little eBay sellers, that's crazy!