+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Recessed power button but still works fix?

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have a 3G and the power button is slightly loose, and is almost flush with the top of the case. It still works, just needs to be pressed in
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Recessed power button but still works fix?
    I have a 3G and the power button is slightly loose, and is almost flush with the top of the case. It still works, just needs to be pressed in with something hard like your nail for it to work. I'm guessing it was dropped on the power button at some point as the case around the button has some scratches around it.

If I was to try and fix this, do you think it would be the cable inside the case that's slightly crushed, or the power button that may be slightly damaged (just wondering what part I should order)?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

might just need to tighten the screws holding the mute/power button into place.
    believe you'd have to take out the logicboard to get at it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I did take the glass off and looked inside. One small screw fell out and I think it may be from the power buttom bracket like you said (one screw I can see is in place in the braket, but I think the other one is hidden so I may have to take the board out as you say.

I had a chance to take the board out. As you guessed, one screw was loose holding the power button bracket in place. The screw that I found when I first opened the case up was in fact from the other screw hole in the bracket. After I tightened both screws, the power button was still a bit loose, so I added a small strip of paper between the power button and the switch and it's taken up the play and it works great now.

Guess I was luck that the loose screw didn't short anything when it was sitting loose in the phone
    Last edited by flyboy320; 03-06-2011 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost