+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS Part questions?

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Okay this is the deal the rubber around the glass is rip it looks nasty the way i have it now(thought it was dirt and with a toothpick i was
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3GS Part questions?
    Okay this is the deal the rubber around the glass is rip it looks nasty the way i have it now(thought it was dirt and with a toothpick i was cleaning it around n around till it rip out) i have opened my iphone 3GS but cant figure it out this rubber is attach to the touch panel right? i doubt its the glass part

Also my sim reader doesn't seem to be working due to an micro adapter getting stuck and i forced it out and now it doesn't read
    the sim i put in sim said's no sim available so what part do i need? and can anyone point me to a tut of how to fix this? didn't find any on ifixit.

thanks for reading

Thanks
    Thanked 3,873 Times in 2,212 Posts

What you need is a new sim reader. Its not an easy repair i would take it to a professional unless your a soldering expert.
    The rubber you pulled out just protects dirt from getting in-between the glass and the lcd not the big of a deal.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Green Apple
    Thanks

got ya I'm take it to get the sim reader fix but
    that rubber part it's important as I'm trying sell my iPhone 3GS and I know with that broken the value of it will go down so I rather fix that myself.
    So the rubber thing is from the touch panel?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The rubber around the glass is attached to the midframe the digitizer is mounted on. If you have torn it and want to replace it your going to have replace the whole midframe. You can ether buy the midframe and place your digitizer home button and proxy cable on it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Or you can buy the whole thing for around $24 and just put it on your phone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

where can i get the whole thing for $24? and whats the whole thing call?
    thanks