Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone hands free compatibility

Default iPhone hands free compatibility
    I have an iPhone 3G on 4.2.1 and I was just wondering if I could possibly buy some sort of aux/Bluetooth adapter to use in my car.

I have a normal aux in Sony cd player. But I want to somehow eliminate the cord and possibly get audio from my phone to play through my car system wirelessly for music, nav, and phonecalls.. Through Bluetooth or other means if such a
    product exists. (compatible with 4.2.1) I've seen over priced hands free solutions which clip to your visor... But I'm not going to pay 100+ bucks for something that might not work.

Suggestions?
    Or possibly a method to fabricate my own.. Or ideas?

What would be neat is a simple Bluetooth receiver with a audio jack to plug directly into your cd player aux in port...

Maybe a simple Bluetooth receiver with a audio plug for use with a aux in cd player if something like that exists?
    Last edited by Ian3head; 02-27-2011 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've been using a Jabra Cruiser for a while (older version). You can get one online for $40-$50. Works great with iPhone 3GS. Has it's own speaker or FM through car stereo.

Specs:

Jabra Cruiser Bluetooth Car Kit
    # Bluetooth 2.1 with EDR and eSCO
    # Auto-pairing
    # 14 hours talk-time and 13 days standby time

Sounds nice.
    And you can confirm is works on 4.2.1?

How compatible is this os to other handsfree Bluetooth devices?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm using 4.1 on my 3GS, but I had some PC issues and will be updating to 4.2.1 - I will post if anything is weird.

One feature that I like is that it will automatically reconnect when you get in and out of the car, as long as it hasn't gone to sleep yet. That way you can jump out of the car to get your mail, run back into the house for something or dash into the store and not have to press any buttons to reconnect when you get back in the car.

Also, the device rings even if your iPhone ringer is turned off. I haven't tried to control this, but it can be helpful.

I've tried the iPhone 3GS (OS 3.0 & Up) with only one other device - an older Motorola headset. It worked fine, but the thing died. I only used it in my car anyway - so I decided to just get something else. Plus I can transmit audio through FM to the car. Not audiophile quality but gets the job done - especially for voice.