Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPhone Call Lock Screen Problem

Default IPhone Call Lock Screen Problem
    Ok here's my problem.
    In the past the iPhone had to be replaced by an LCD and I got that fixed.
    However, when it makes calls it doesn't lock the screen so I accidentally press buttons. I'm thinking it might be the digitizer. Also anyone know the price of a legit apple 3Gs LCD because I notice it, it's faintly yellowish. Please help. Thanks before hand MMI community

Thanks

that sounds like the proximity sensor not the digitizer. whomever replaced the lcd might have damaged the sensor. as for a legit apple lcd i'm not sure, i have bought approximately 20 from ebay for repairing others phones and have never had a problem with any of them, just make sure you buy from a power seller with very good feedback and you shouldn't have a problem
    In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete, drawn only to be washed away. For the time that I've been given, I am what I am. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Where is the proximity sensor? and yea I bought one for 17 but it's kindof yellow..

Proximity sensor is Flex Cable #3 of iPhone 3g/gs. Location is under that irregular metal cover plate on the back top of screen mid board assembly.
    Hopefully the logic board connector #3 was not damaged.

Good luck,

Brad
    Last edited by 805 93003; 02-27-2011 at 12:10 PM.

The port is alittle damaged in the middle of the part. How do I fix?

If flex cable #3 is damaged you need to get a new cable. If the metal plate cover over the flex cable #3 is bent, you can carefully just bend it back to the correct shape. This metal cover has a very complex shape to begin with, so make sure you know what a good one looks like before you mess with it.

Good luck,

Brad