+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Vibrator Switch Replacement

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello Everyone, I need some assistance... I am replacing the earphone jack/power/volume/vibrator flex cable on my iPhone 3GS. I have transfered the buttons from the old flex to the new
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Vibrator Switch Replacement
    Hello Everyone,
    I need some assistance... I am replacing the earphone jack/power/volume/vibrator flex cable on my iPhone 3GS. I have transfered the buttons from the old flex to the new with the exception of the vibrator switch. The vibrator switch is connected to a small metal housing. It has double stick tape and 2 prongs that go into the metal housing and are flatened at the tips as like a rivet does. I dont mind breaking off the old flex from the metal housing but what I need to know is how would I flatten the new switch's tips once I put it into the metal housing.
    Has anyone done this fix that can tell me the proper way to flatten the tips of the prongs once it is in the metal housing?

Does anyone know of a place that sells the earphone jack flex with the metal housing and buttons already attached so it's ready to go?
    Last edited by Ghetto Cop; 02-24-2011 at 06:31 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have the same issue need help replacing the metal bracket.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

FYI.. I just heated them with a flat iron tip on my soldering iron. Works well. Just be careful not to melt it too much.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Great thanks I'll give it a shot