Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G battery issues

Default iPhone 3G battery issues
    Ok, so here's the problem

I buyed a used iPhone 3G on ebay on firmware 4.2.1 and I jailbroke it using redsnow and installed baseband 6.15.00. After that, I unlocked it using ultrasn0w, installed SAM and then deactivated it with redsnow. After that, I activated my phone using SAM and iTunes and everything is working fine. SAM says it's WildcardActivated and even push notifications and youtube works fine. Even with that "official" activation, i'm having a TERRIBLE battery drain. Maybe it's just the battery needing a replacement ? My question is what do you think the problem is ? That iPhone is frealy old, it's a 3G with old bootloader 05.08 (so, baseband downgradable). Considering my phone is old, could it be simply the battery that lost its capacity ? the battery would last around 5 hours in sleep and if I'm using it, it won't even last an hour.. Also, if I enable airplane mode, the battery will last longer, very longer. If airplane is activated, I could use my iPhone as an iPod and battery will last exactly like an iPod Touch.

Any suggestions why my battery is draining so low, considering it's not the hacktivation since I activated with SAM and I think it worked cuz push works fine.

Thank you !

Anyone knows if this means the battery needs to be replaced ?

Thanks !

my battery drained with hacktivation....
    i have an iphone 3g too and is activated with a tmobile card.....
    im currently on 4.2.1 and the battery on standy last around 10 and 15 hours..i have cellular data off and wifi off....it last from 3 to 5 hours almost when in use...

it will be best to just replace the battery if you are still goin gto continue using the iphone...or you can just sell it on craiglist for about 160 to 180 depending on the condition....but remember that there will be people wanting to make to lower the price
    Last edited by waldojosh; 02-25-2011 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4.2.1 on the 3G = huge battery drain

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrdabbas For This Useful Post:

Tidge789 (03-03-2011)

Oh, didn't know that. Thank you ! What iOS do you recomend me then ?

Yes I agree iOS 4 and above = huge batterie drain. If ur batteri hold 4 to 5 hours in use and half a day when not in use then ur batterie is fine. U should seek a way to downgrade to 3.1.3 or 3.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Tidge789 View Post
    Oh, didn't know that. Thank you ! What iOS do you recomend me then ?
    Apple is so stupid they made it almost impossible to downgrade once upgrading to a higher firmware

yeah I know, but iPhone 3G don't required SHSH to be saved. Anyway i got them on cydia servers, so I can downgrade to any firmware and any baseband since i got bootloader 05.08

You can only get them when apple is signing the specific firmware.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

I know, and they are already on cydia's server. Anyway I successfully downgraded to 3.1.2 and let my iphone in sleep mode for the night and when I woke up, battery lost 24% in 9 hours. Don't know if it's fine. Immediately when I began to use it, battery lost 5% percent within 10 minutes are so.. I really think it's an hardware problem now.

It might just be the battery itself

Yes, maybe it is. Do you know a websiste where they sell OEM iPhone 3G batteries ? Not that china crap from eBay.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by STRAYunINFIDEL View Post
    It might just be the battery itself
    I would imagine it's past its life

Quote Originally Posted by Tidge789 View Post
    Yes, maybe it is. Do you know a websiste where they sell OEM iPhone 3G batteries ? Not that china crap from eBay.
    Sw box or muchbuy.com

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have an iPhone 3G on 3.1.3 and the battery drains fast.

I just think its the 3G line of iPhones

It shouldn't be a rapaid decline unless web browsing or watch videos or something

Thanks

why?

What do you mean why?

Thanks

how does that prevent rapid decline

Lol fixed typo my bad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast