Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is it the dock connector or the battery?

Default Is it the dock connector or the battery?
    I think my iphone is dead i dont know what to he was my everything. It must be one of those two problem.

Actually I don't know if it's the dock which is faulty or the battery died here's what happened my battery was running low so I connected the charger but the charger short circuited as soon as i connected the iphone so I thought I'll buy another one I called one last person for 10, 15 min then iPhone turn itself off with red battery and lightening then i connected the iphone to the pc with the usb but didn't recognized at all by the time I had new charger the iPhone is completely shut down nothing nada on the screen and won't turn on when i connect the new charger no sign of life whatever I do even hold home button and sleep button 10sec. Any help pls ?

What is it

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

Here we go you asked for my help.

Was your phone charging before it died on you?

I hope you didn't fry your motherboard together with charger.

So power and home didn't do anything. OK...

Have you tried different computer and holding power and home button,
    (not sure if it would make difference) it wont hurt to try.

Lastly,

This is the part that goes out if charger and computer wont recognize the iPhone.

It costs around $24 to replace. It comes with everything that's in the picture. If you need place to buy it i'll give you the website you can try that next step if you don't solve your not charging issue.

i replaced it twice on one of my 3GS and once on 3G. very easy to replace.
    Last edited by delusion950; 02-24-2011 at 02:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It was charging when I connected the cheap charger, after the charger exploded it wasn't charging even on my computer but it was still on because I made a couple of call. My phone died eventually an hour later because of no charge left. I tried everything u said above.

I believe I need that piece but I'm in the UK what that piece is called so I can google it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

piece is called

USB PORT FLEX+MIC+BUZZER SPEAKER+ANTENNA for Iphone 3G

Thank you, I'll write the outcome for other people with the same problem