+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Where to get genuine Apple charger and cable ?

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi, I have looked on Amazon and from the reviews a ton of chargers and cables are fake, same on ebay....I am looking for the same chargers and cables that
    mm8
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Where to get genuine Apple charger and cable ?
    Hi,

I have looked on Amazon and from the reviews a ton of chargers and cables are fake, same on ebay....I am looking for the same chargers and cables that Apple ships with the iphone, not for our high quality check distributor bla, bla and it ends up frying my iphone.

Thanks in advanced

iPhone? More like MyPhone wrecked77's Avatar
    Thanks

Go to a apple store. Or check the apple store app.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

apple.com

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Were u joking with "end up frying my iPhone" coz that just happened to me with this cheap charger I had, it exploded while charging my iPhone and cut the electricity off the house. Now my iPhone won't turn on whatever I do ( new charger, USB, home button+sleep button).

At least u though about this... Is there anything I cam do? Pls help if u can

mm8
    Green Apple
    Thanks

I have heard reports using 3rd party chargers may cause damage to the iphone. Sorry to hear you had the problem.
    I have been using the charger that came with the iphone, did not but any third party or the ones that look similar. I am pretty sure the ones Apple sells for $30 they make it for like $5 but I don't know where to get these for cheap. The various sites that have them for a couple of bucks I am not sure without opening the Apple one and third party one side by side what is inside. They may work but just because they look the same or it says same part number it does not mean they are quality.
    I do have my iphone 3G unlocked and jailbroken on 4.2.1 that works on Tmobile. I just got a iphone 4 last week. Let me know if you interested if yours does not work anymore. I can send you some pics.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No thank you I'll try to repair this one