Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Midframe/Home button interchangeable between 3G and 3GS?

Default Midframe/Home button interchangeable between 3G and 3GS?
    I have a 3G with a broken screen and LCD, if I put a 3GS digitizer and LCD into the midframe, would everything work properly (on a 3GS phone of course)?

yup your good
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

NO! The LCD and DIgi are not compatible. The actual midframe, number 3 cable, and home button are but you CAN NOT put a digi/glass and LCD from a 3GS onto a 3G

Re read he took his LCD and digi from his 3GS but it on a 3G midframe yes it will work

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

It did work, thank you Westerman.

No problem

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Flathed (02-22-2011)

One issue though, I'm not sure if the cheap replacement digitizer's home button whole was too small, but the button was sticky after installation, swapped it out with a 3gs button, same problem. I think I fixed it externally, I took my spare button and inverted it over the installed button and pushed down a few times hoping the installed button would line up, it did. Not sure if it was the digitizer or the frames problem, or something else.

I am thinking digi where did you get it from