Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs Need help!!!

Default 3gs Need help!!!
    So I opened up my phone and changed the rear cover to a white one. After everything is done i turned on my phone and notice:
    1. Phone keeps on searching for signal
    2. Won't connect to laptop but could put in DFU mode
    3. Keep restarting and has "Restore Needed" screen when plugged in wall charger. But once pulled out of charger it turned off.
    4. Sound also messed up, earphone port working though
    5. Wifi option in Setting menu is gray out
    6. GPS not working either

Everything else works normally

I remembered I kind pry at the wrong end of the battery but don't think it should messed up the speaker and service though

Anyone with similar problems can you please help out.

thanks in advance.

****UPDATE****
    Phone is fixed...thanks for those that chime in. The only thing messed up was the battery. I swapped out the battery and everything worked.
    Last edited by koolcat; 03-01-2011 at 02:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Are you sure you connected the flex cable correctly?

Which cable are you talking about? I pretty sure i connect the cables right.

The wifi antenna is under the sim tray
    Next to the camera holder..

Quote Originally Posted by Mrdabbas View Post
    The wifi antenna is under the sim tray
    Next to the camera holder..
    Yea it's the one flex cable that lay under the earphone jack holder that loops up and plug on the main board right? I did plugged it in.

Quote Originally Posted by neharana View Post
    Please provide me complete information about 3g.
    It's a 3gs jailbroken and unlocked running 4.0 with 5.11.07 on old bootrom. Everything works fine until i decided to swap out the back over. So the only thing i did was took everything out, swap over to the new case. I remembered when i took it out it only have like 13% of battery left. So after the swap, i tried to turn on it but it won't turn on. So i thought it was that the battery was dead so then i plugged it in the laptop but nothing happened.

After that i plugged it in the wall charger and it turned on but it was in a restarting loop with "restore needed" screen and restarted every 2-5 mins are so and with all functions above lost. I tried to restore in DFU and Recovery Mode but it doesn't do anything. Once plugged back in the wall charger it would turned on and back to the 4.0 software again. I remembered prying the battery on the wrong side where the speaker was so im thinking it's the battery so I just bought it and waiting for it now.

**oh yea the phone won't even charge it kept saying 86% or 100% but when i unplugged it from the wall charger it just turned off.**

any ideas guys?
    Last edited by koolcat; 02-21-2011 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by koolcat View Post
    Yea it's the one flex cable that lay under the earphone jack holder that loops up and plug on the main board right? I did plugged it in.

It's a 3gs jailbroken and unlocked running 4.0 with 5.11.07 on old bootrom. Everything works fine until i decided to swap out the back over. So the only thing i did was took everything out, swap over to the new case. I remembered when i took it out it only have like 13% of battery left. So after the swap, i tried to turn on it but it won't turn on. So i thought it was that the battery was dead so then i plugged it in the laptop but nothing happened.

After that i plugged it in the wall charger and it turned on but it was in a restarting loop with "restore needed" screen and restarted every 2-5 mins are so and with all functions above lost. I tried to restore in DFU and Recovery Mode but it doesn't do anything. Once plugged back in the wall charger it would turned on and back to the 4.0 software again. I remembered prying the battery on the wrong side where the speaker was so im thinking it's the battery so I just bought it and waiting for it now.

**oh yea the phone won't even charge it kept saying 86% or 100% but when i unplugged it from the wall charger it just turned off.**

any ideas guys?
    You either damaged the battery or the charging port

Had similar problem.. Problem turned out to be charging port

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrdabbas For This Useful Post:

koolcat (03-01-2011)

just ordered both the dock and battery, I'll report back here when they come in and swapped. Hopefully i don't have a brick 3gs

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by neharana View Post
    Please provide me complete information about 3g.
    The technology? the phone?

****UPDATE****
    Phone is fixed...thanks for those that chime in. The only thing messed up was the battery. I swapped out the battery and everything worked.

Quote Originally Posted by koolcat View Post
    ****UPDATE****
    Nice