+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cheapest place to buy iPhone 4 Conversion kit?

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Looking for the cheapest, reliable + reputable seller for a iPhone conversion kit. any color besides black. I cracked my screen, and the replacement LCD is $80.. so why not
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Cheapest place to buy iPhone 4 Conversion kit?
    Looking for the cheapest, reliable + reputable seller for a iPhone conversion kit. any color besides black.

I cracked my screen, and the replacement LCD is $80.. so why not spend a couple of extra bucks and just convert it to white!

any sites you guys recommend that sell it for a good price? if it's good quality i'd be interested in purchasing more than one kit.

someone on the forums recommended White iPhone 4 Conversion Kit Full Housing - iPatchUp.com

is there anything cheaper? thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

I get mine from sw box or muchbuy.com both are both very good and reputable
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

seazhou (10-03-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    for the full conversion kit, iPatchUp is probably the cheapest. they include the dock and audio jack. other places charge like $175 without those parts. fast shipping as well.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

they may be the cheapest but you get what you pay for.. Some have lower quality parts than others.. In the description on their website it even says "All conversion kits are subject to some defects, but we assure you we inspect all kits for MAJOR defects. We ship the highest quality OEM parts, and no aftermarket parts."

Idk if I am willing to spend $150 to make my iphone have a defect.. when Currently its defect free.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default ipatchup
    Hello have somone ordered from ipatchup ?

i ordered a full white conversion kit to iphone 4

i placed the order 28 februari and they havent send it yet.

i live in sweden and placed a shipment outside USA for an amount of 20USD extra.

someone that have ordered from them and got delivered?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    sweden is quite far. i'd give it a week or two before it gets delivered. my parts got delivered in about 3-4 days.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have started selling OEM white conversion kits. If your needing just the kit I could do it for $75 or install and everything for $100. I have a thread in BST section. the screen i sell are with the updated proximity sensors. PM if you would like details

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zorro10 View Post
    I got mine from slickgate.com at a very affordable price. White for $47.98 and plated gold for $98.99
    This is the cheapest place to order so far .
    Have you ever ordered from slickgate?? What's the quality like for the parts? How long does it take to receive the parts once you purchase them?

iPhone? More like MyPhone iamkadaj's Avatar
    Thanks

Mail me buddy and I'll sort you out

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by faruk110 View Post
    I got a white iphone 4 conversion kits from slickgate.com. Frankly speaking, the quality fully meat my requirement, perfect screen no flaw at all, and it looks exactly the same as the original iphone 4.
    Does anyone know if the front (dig, LCD, glass) and back are equally compatible between CDMA and gsm iphone 4s? One site sells it for $100+ says compatible others say no. I was under the impression the the middle part is different (button location and antenna location) but would the rest be the same? I am only changing front and back.

Thanks

screen is the same its the plastic housing thats different and wont let it mount right. i have swapped these successfully before it just takes a lot of time and a good heat gun

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bftiedt View Post
    screen is the same its the plastic housing thats different and wont let it mount right. i have swapped these successfully before it just takes a lot of time and a good heat gun

Is it the outer "glass" or just the supporting frame?

I found a comparison that said just the supporting frame has different mounts, and I found a tutorial on how to separate them. At this point I just need to find a site that sells the frame only. Anyone know of any?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by h4ndcuffed View Post
    Is it the outer "glass" or just the supporting frame?

I found a comparison that said just the supporting frame has different mounts, and I found a tutorial on how to separate them. At this point I just need to find a site that sells the frame only. Anyone know of any?
    can you post the link to that tutorial? I think muchbuy sell the bare supporting frame.

Thanks

its the supporting frame. are you looking for GSM or CDMA supporting frame? I have a white GSM supporting frame laying around you could have if you need it.

Thanks

Default Conversion Kits
    A friend of mine turned me on to this place. Has anyone heard of iKustomize.com? He said they were still kind of on the down low (really busy but a website coming soon)- which worried me at first but after seeing my friend's phone I had to give them a shot. Hands down, they sell AWESOME colors, stuff I haven't seen anywhere else. Of course I am not an expert (I'm a Newbie ) that is why I'm asking you guys. I've used them twice now and both times the outcome was FANTASTIC!! Apparently you can purchase kits or have them install it if you are like me and pretty intimidated by the project I was initially worried about shipping my phone to them but the guy was cool and kept me updated with pictures and tracking info when it was finished. The phone is Freakin' SWEET, and everyone who sees it freaks out!! From what I am reading on here, they seem about the same price (which is good, glad I didn't get ripped off) or maybe slightly higher but for someone like me it was totally worth it. I just got back my wife's phone (2nd phone I've had them do) and it too looks GREAT! I will try to post pictures if I can figure it out. Again, sorry I'm a Newbie

My phone:

Here is my wife's:

Last edited by Greatbiguns; 10-18-2011 at 09:23 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Greatbiguns For This Useful Post:

stryker_tc (11-28-2011)

Thanks

what about the quality? i want to buy one.thanks

Thanks

Default My Buddies Verizon Mean Green Machine.....
    Check out my buddies freshly finished Verizon Mean GREEN Machine

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have several conversion kits from China, all of them are good quality, just google iphone conversion kits you will found them.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iamkadaj View Post
    Mail me buddy and I'll sort you out
    This guy done me outta 155 quid, just a heads up to everyone.