Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question about WSOD

Default Question about WSOD
    So here's the story, my friend dropped his iPhone 4 and cracked the screen. He put on a new screen he bought online, but found out he got the White Screen of Death. I took a look at it and tried all the tricks I've read about on how to fix it: restore in DFU mode, restore doing a jailbreak, etc. I then asked him how much he paid for the repair items. He told me $16.75 from a guy on eBay and said all he got was a new screen because that's all he needed. But I've looked on other sites, mainly iPhone 4 Display Assembly - iFixit, and their front repair kit cost $150. I told him that that is what he needed to fix his phone, but he told me he thought all he needed was the screen. I just wanted to get things straightened out- does he need to buy the whole kit on ifixit or would a new screen just work for him and he messed up the screen change?
    Sorry for rambling, and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

The screen is bad, that's usually what happens with defective parts. Get another screen should be fine, a functional screen

But that's the thing, $16.50 seems way too cheap for a new iPhone 4 screen. Is it not?

Yeah thats ridiculously cheap. You beat my pricing out by a long shot and i get one of the best deals i bet out there on parts
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

See, I don't know if he got ripped off or not. You can just buy the screen by itself? No other hardware is attached to it? I always thought you needed to buy it in a bundle.

Thanks

I cracked an iPhone 3G screen and replaced just the screen by itself. The glass cost $11. If you're needing not just the glass but also the LCD, that will raise the price up much higher. So for the glass itself, I would say that sounds right, but then again I don't have experience with iPhone 4 hardware. Wes would know best

Okay, thanks. All this help is truly appreciated. I'm wondering now if all he bought is the glass and not the LCD.
    Wes, what are your prices and where can tell my friend to look to buy one of your products?

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    I cracked an iPhone 3G screen and replaced just the screen by itself. The glass cost $11. If you're needing not just the glass but also the LCD, that will raise the price up much higher. So for the glass itself, I would say that sounds right, but then again I don't have experience with iPhone 4 hardware. Wes would know best
    Your right when it comes to the 3g and 3gs. But with the iphone 4 you have to get the lcd and digi together since they are fuzed. If your buying just the glass or just the lcd for the iphone f4 they wont work or wond look right in the phone. To get a legit iphone 4 screen your looking anywhere from 80-120 bucks depending on where you search and or buy from.

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

All right, I'll let him know and help him do some research. And I'll check out the packaging to see what all came with what he bought. Thanks again Wes and Annie!

No problem let's us know what u find out

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Westerman View Post
    Your right when it comes to the 3g and 3gs. But with the iphone 4 you have to get the lcd and digi together since they are fuzed. If your buying just the glass or just the lcd for the iphone f4 they wont work or wond look right in the phone. To get a legit iphone 4 screen your looking anywhere from 80-120 bucks depending on where you search and or buy from.
    That's what I thought bc I read you saying that before somewhere else. So it makes sense that $16.50 is too cheap.