Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wifi Signal is very weak after repair

Default Wifi Signal is very weak after repair
    About two months back I cracked the screen on my Iphone 4, so I bought a white replacement screen, it ended up not working so I returned it, but after I got the new replacement screen on, my wifi signal has dropped to near nothing. I have taken the phone apart again and everything looks to be connected and in the right place.

In places where I used to get full wifi signal (not just my house, but work, friends apartments) I may get 1 or 2 bars, and if I am more than 15 feet away from almost any router, I get no signal at all.

Could I have damaged the antenna cabling some how? From all the diagrams, then antenna sits on the bottom of the speaker housing and is connected to the logic board by one cable, is this correct?

Thanks for your help

I have exactly the same problem. One repair man told me to replace the back cover.But I do not really understand why. And I have not changed. Maybe try to help you. If you found a fix it, let know.

Thanks for your help

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

did you misplace the long screw that goes in the top of the flex shield at the top of the logic board?

Quote Originally Posted by ColdBrew View Post
    About two months back I cracked the screen on my Iphone 4, so I bought a white replacement screen, it ended up not working so I returned it, but after I got the new replacement screen on, my wifi signal has dropped to near nothing. I have taken the phone apart again and everything looks to be connected and in the right place.

In places where I used to get full wifi signal (not just my house, but work, friends apartments) I may get 1 or 2 bars, and if I am more than 15 feet away from almost any router, I get no signal at all.

Could I have damaged the antenna cabling some how? From all the diagrams, then antenna sits on the bottom of the speaker housing and is connected to the logic board by one cable, is this correct?

Thanks for your help
    Hey I had the same problem bc I resembled my housing. You need to update to 4.3.1 I did and my battery last 2 days now and my wifi signal is all full even 20 ft away from router it's amazing how apple can fix everything in one update.