Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 2G display problem

Default iPhone 2G display problem
    Hello,
    so I got a problem with my old iPhone's display. Some of the pixels in the top of the screen started to stay grey some months ago. First I didn't really care because the area changed its shape and size every day and altogether it was only some pixels. But now, it grew to a broad block and it disturbs me really. Strangely, this grey thing is also visible when I turn the device off. And if sunlight (or a flashlight beam) gets on it, I can see 'through' this grey things and watch the image shown correctly. I also attached two pictures with it.

Replacing the screen is not worth the phone I think. Does anyone know this issue or even know a solution?

Thanks,
    eruanno
    Last edited by eruanno; 02-04-2011 at 05:12 PM.

Thats just the lcd going out the only thing to do is replace it
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Sure? Is this something common?
    Meanwhile I read something about heating or putting pressure on, but don't know if this applies on my problem. Further Im afraid I could damage more than I'll repair... No one got experience?
    Thanks

It pretty common on the 2g IPhone you can try the heat thing havent ever seen results from it,and also remember you are messing with an almost 5 year old device so I dont think it will do anything.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

eruanno (01-31-2011)

So now I tried the pressure method... that means I took a pen and pressed it on the screen. It first seems to be successful but then stuck pixels appeared in a completely other place of the display! I think it serves no purpose but it was worth a try...