Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone won't be recognized by computer and now stuck in white circle of death!

Default iPhone won't be recognized by computer and now stuck in white circle of death!
    my iphone 3G won't charge and be recognized by my computer. i tried all methods like changing battery and putting it in DFU mode but nothing worked. my last resort was to erase content and settings. i tried to reset the iphone by erasing the settings and content because i think it is a software problem, because it still charges when battery is empty, but when it has already loaded the springboard, the charging will stop and it cant be detected by my computer. now, i am now stuck in the white circle of death and DFU won't work. is my iPhone bricked? someone please post a reply. any help would be very GREATLY appreciated.

Ok hold in the home and power button while the device is plugged into iTunes it will shut off u can let go of the power button after 15 sec and go to dfu or just keep holding both buttons and the device will go to recovery mode

Even though its in DFU mode, computer won't still recognize my iPhone. But i know it charges though, so i think there's no problem with my USB port of my iphone. Any other suggestions?

Yea find someone on cragislist that fixes them and get it replaced if you don't know how to do it and are not under warranty

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Have you tried setting into recovery mode instead of DFU? iTunes will recognize for sure if it is in Recovery Mode.

To set it into recovery, when the phone is ON you hold home and power until the screen turns off, when the apple logo shows release the power button and hold home until the iTunes+USB screen shows up.

Yep i had tried to put it in recovery mode. Computer won't still recognize my iphone. I think i'm doomed.

Thanks

Try another comp?

I already tried with 5 different computers.

Thanks

Try a new USB cable?