Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone new but white screen

Default iPhone new but white screen
    So I recently ruined me iPhone 3g's screen, so I brought a new one. Came yesterday installed it today. So far all it displays is a white screen. Done a restore and nothing. have I brought the wrong screen?

This is the one I brought: LCD Screen Display Replacement for iPhone 3G 8G 16G 32G on eBay (end time 13-Feb-11 15:30:36 GMT)

What to do?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,564 Times in 7,113 Posts

Sounds like you got a busted one. Check the connections. If they are all good then send it back for a replacement.

Agreed. I have repaired several iPhones. A white screen is typically a bad LCD. Unless you have managed to put it into dfu mode which I doubt. Be very careful removing the LCD from it's housing. They are very fragile.
    Last edited by Tjroberts3452; 01-22-2011 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Amendment

Check that you have firmly snapped the screen shut. This happened to me once and it was because the screen wasnt seat properly in the bezel

Just as the people above me said. Make sure the connector is hooked up properly. I had very bad luck buying LCD screens off eBay. Some had loose connectors and wouldn't connect to the mobo. Some had dead pixels. Some were DOA. One had this exact problem. Very few actually worked.

You can use those suggestions but one way I have gotten rid of the white screen was completely taking apart the iPhone (not including the battery) and put it back together. A good 15 minutes. Only do this if you have experience.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I had same problem when i had straight flex cables and i had to bend them. Try to bend unbend slightly the flex cables while its conected to the phone.