+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WiFi Greyed Out!!!!

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I know every must have heard this before, but I have searched all over google for the answer to my problem. I have an Iphone 3g, Jailbroken with redsn0w_win_0.9.6b1, BB
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default WiFi Greyed Out!!!!
    I know every must have heard this before, but I have searched all over google for the answer to my problem.
    I have an Iphone 3g, Jailbroken with redsn0w_win_0.9.6b1, BB is 05.14.02, and in sb settings I have my wifi Ip but my wifi is greyed out.
    I don't know what other information I need to give but if you could let me know so as to help me I will be happy to give it to you.

This is the first time I have posted on one of these forum sites (I see alot of hostility when it comes to noobs and such lol)

thank you

Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 1,919 Posts

Have you tried a restore and rejailbreak. Usually that will clear up the issue, if it isn't hardware-related. If a clean restore doesn't fix the wifi, you've got hardware problems. To properly restore, you should determine if you have any SHSHs and what type of device you have, and of course if you need to maintain an unlock or not.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yeah I have rejailbroken it a few times, and I have done a clean restore, but I dont understand if it is hardware related why does it come up with the ip?

i may have SHSH on cydia, and my iphone 3g is factory unlocked.
    how would I go about fixing this problem?

thanks for your reply

Thanks

When you restored before do you restore from back up or set the phone up as new?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I set up as new.

I don't understand why I am getting an ip for the wifi if its grayed out.

Thanks

Have you tried restoring and not jailbreak to see if the wifi works then? If the wifi doesn't work right when your phone is not jailbroken and on a clean new restore, something hardware is wrong.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If its greyed out it most likely hardware issue. You can try to bake it to reflow the wifi/bluetooth chip.

Thanks

I wouldn't strictly assume it is hardware just because it is greyed out. I've had my own functional iPhones get greyed out wifi or bluetooth and they hardware is fine. That's why we need to see if a clean stock restore without jailbreaking will eliminate the issue so that we can diagnose that the jailbreak is the cause.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have done a clean restore and even then it is still greyed out but still with an IP. in settings the address wont come up but in sbsettings it will.
    and I really don't want to put my iphone parts in an oven haha

Green Apple
    Thanks

Out of turn maybe,but I too had a problem like grayed out Wifi, and no address. I ried many different software tests and nothing worked.I then did a reflow with a heat gun and had some success. I now have an address and no longer grayed out. I have not been able keep a sold connection. (No Connection) after trying to hook up to internet. I will keep forum posted on any further success. Hope this helps you out.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

maybe hardware issue...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhyKnot View Post
    Out of turn maybe,but I too had a problem like grayed out Wifi, and no address. I ried many different software tests and nothing worked.I then did a reflow with a heat gun and had some success. I now have an address and no longer grayed out. I have not been able keep a sold connection. (No Connection) after trying to hook up to internet. I will keep forum posted on any further success. Hope this helps you out.
    Ok my 3g 312 5 11 07 is working solid now after cooking two white components. This one of reasons it was sold on the bay. It has only been 3 wks, but I use it every day and check wifi constantly.