Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3Gs home button issue

Default iPhone 3Gs home button issue
    I've got a little but annoying problem with the home button on my newly acquired iPhone 3gs.I got it from my brother and the poor phone suffered a lot at his hands.And i mean ALOT .But that's not important.The issue is with the home button.Its pretty used and somewhat hard to push.But the weird thing with the button is the slight delay.Every time i push the home button there's a delay of 0,5-0,6 seconds until the phone registers the action.I compared my old iphone 3g and the 3gs side by side.The otherwise very snappy and quick 3gs is lagging behind when it comes to the home button.Every,and I mean EVERY function that has something to do with the home button suffers from slight lag.I'm guessing its something hardware related because when i turn both phones with the home button the 3gs lags behind while when i do it with the sleep button there's no difference.So if anyone can help me with this annoying issues or had a similar problem please reply.

Sounds like you just need to maybe clean around the home button use 100 proof alcohol and a q tip and just clean the home button the best you can and maybe that will fix your problem
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

deathrovv (01-21-2011)

yeah, cannot agree more , and if need a replacement , don't forget to write me , i get your back

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

It seems that my home button is unresponsive when I'm in an app tryin to use multitasking, or just close the app I have to press it real hard. The voice control pops up a lot too. But when on the springboard it works just fine I can press it easily and it will go to multitasking or whatever. Any reason it's only unresponsive while in apps?

Sounds like you need a whole new home button assembly then

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

whoadie (01-19-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Whats that a new phone?

Btw mines is an iPhone 4
    Last edited by whoadie; 01-19-2011 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by whoadie View Post
    Whats that a new phone?

Btw mines is an iPhone 4
    yeah go swap it out

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

whoadie (01-19-2011)

Sorry for the late response.I was working hellish shifts at work and going to lectures, so i didn't have any time to sit and response.On a more related topic, i tried the alcohol and q tip like you said Westerman, but it doesn't seem to work.Thanks for the advice anyway.So if anyone has any suggestions about this mysterious issue, please post.

Then you switch is you and you need a whole new assembly

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    A whole new home button assembly would be required, if you don't use your iPhone 3G. I assume you could use that one.

http://wefixmac.com/iphones/iphone3g...utton-assembly

There's a link to one.

Also, it may be the actual screen that is causing the button to be a bit dodgy, so maybe a whole new front display, digitiser, button and all would be a better option.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jasey12 For This Useful Post:

deathrovv (01-22-2011)

Thanks for all your helpful posts.Jesey12 I'll consider the button change.But for now I'm going to live with the slight lag.Its not that big of an issue and already got used to it.It just seems to me that its not worth the trouble.At least for now.Again,thanks for all your helpful posts guys.

No problem let me know if you have any further questions

Update.I've finally figured it out.The whole deal with the home button delay was because of the accessibility options.The 3-click home button function in particular.Once I set it to off all the lag went away!And to think, I wanted to replace the home button altogether .So if anyone has similar problems, you could try this.Hope this helps somebody.