Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Water Damaged Screen

My bad won't happen again lol
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

It's ok, I take partial blame. I'm gullible.

Next time though, I'll be sure to tell you how wrong you are and ask you what you're smoking

okay sounds good

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Ok, good news, I think. I took my phone to an apple store and told them that my phone shut off randomlly every 5,10 minutes. The person at the counter ask to look at my phone. I said sure and gave it to him. He looked over the phone and checked the water damage indicators. He didn't say anything about the water damage indicators but asked me to run some tests on the phone. I said sure and he ran some tests and then he said that 4 core apps were crashing in the background. He said that it could eather be software or hardware that was causeing the problem. He told me to restart my phone. He handed me 2 forms. One was how to restart the phone, and the other was a Genius Bar Work Authorization form. I looked the work authorization form over and it said that the cosmetic condition was good. Does this mean that they didn't see that my phone was water damaged? If so is restoring my phone a good move?

Thanks

Don't know what you mean...did they replace it or what?

No, basically what they did is they gave my my phone back and told my to restore it. They looked at the water damage sensors but I guess they didn't look like they were tripped because they said that the cosmetic condition was good. I'm hoping that after I do this and if the problem is still there (which I think it will because I think the problem is hardware based) I would like to exchange my phone. I don't really feel comfortable with restoring my phone.

Thanks

I'm confused as to why they didn't try to restore it for you...

That's weird they didn't do it for you. Do the restore and wait like a day set up a new appointment go back in and show them. If they say they can't do it demand it they should of replaced it then.

They didn't restore it for me because I didn't have a AT&T sim card. I hacktivated my phone to get it to work the first time and will have to do it again I guess. If this doesn't work then do they have to give me a new phone?

Yeah but it cant be jailbroken

Is there anyway to hacktivate without jailbreaking? Otherwise how else am I going to get past the emergency call screen?

Nope.

Can I get past the emergency call screen if I borrow some ones AT&T micro sim card?

Thanks

Yes

Yeah do that

Ok, now to find someone who has a micro sim. :-/

Can I buy a micro sim online like off of ebay and it still work to activate my phone? (Also At&t won't exchange my phone even though it still has the restarting problem.)

Take it to apple Att doesn't do warranty.

Also the sim card doesn't have to be active to get the phone to start up.
    If you have a Mac you can use pwnage tool to bypass the activation screen.

can't you use redsn0w to hacktivate and then rejailbreak with greenpois0n to keep it untethered.
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

That would work to I believe but pwnage tool is easier if a Mac is available

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast