+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unconventional idea - board swap

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey, I've got 2 iphone 3GS and I'm debating swapping the entire board. My primary phone is 16 gig and has everything I need on it, including old bootrom, but
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Unconventional idea - board swap
    Hey, I've got 2 iphone 3GS and I'm debating swapping the entire board. My primary phone is 16 gig and has everything I need on it, including old bootrom, but has an antenna issue. Would it be possible to just pull the board from this phone and put it into my other phone's case without swapping batteries, screens etc? Basically I'm being really lazy because I don't want the working antenna phone to boot tethered.

1st phone - MB715LL running 4.1(8B117) with defective antenna

2nd phone - MC640LL running 4.2.1 with working antenna

Please let me know if this is possible, Thanks!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

but is it an antenna issue on the motherboard or on the case? like a flex cable I mean?

if the problem is not on the motherboard, since they are both 3GS, then you can swap them without having to swap anything else like battery, screen, etc. everything else is the same

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm not certain where the issue is, I was under the impression that the antenna was located on the case, underneath the battery. As long as everything is compatible i'll just give it a try anyway, it can't hurt