+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cant get screws out of iPhone 4

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I personally think that my phones screws were like superglued into the system. I cracked my screen a few months ago and have been saving up my money since, and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Cant get screws out of iPhone 4
    I personally think that my phones screws were like superglued into the system. I cracked my screen a few months ago and have been saving up my money since, and I recently got the money and ordered a replacement and I was trying to replace it today, but I was having all sorts of trouble getting some screws out. Specifically the 10 ones on the frame to get the screen out, I got three out but then none of the others would budge at all. After about 2 straight hours of work I gave up, put my phone back together, and I am seeing if I can return the screen and just get a refurb from Apple.

But before I part I was just wondering if anyone had a similar situation and how did they fix it? I literally had every member of my family try with 5 different screw drivers, they arent stripped yet but no one could figure it out. Thanks again for your time, it is appreciated

Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,171 Posts

I read a thread yesterday about a special screw driver. Let me see if I can find it. U search too

Serviced iPhone 4's get Torx screws
    Last edited by Broomhead; 01-04-2011 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thank you for the reply, unfortunately I dont need a torx screwdriver, it is just regular screws that are extremely tightened onto the iphone. I was just wondering if anyone else had the same problem and knew how to loosen them.

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderJames View Post
    Thank you for the reply, unfortunately I dont need a torx screwdriver, it is just regular screws that are extremely tightened onto the iphone. I was just wondering if anyone else had the same problem and knew how to loosen them.
    Stand the phone on end and set the screw driver in the screw slot and lightly but firmly tap the screw driver end with something, it will help break the seal of threads apart and make it easier to turn the screws out. If you truly believed they are glued in then use some acetone on a cu-tip to soak the screw area and dissolve any glue.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Captinsmooth For This Useful Post:

SpiderJames (01-04-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thank you again for the quick reply! I have not tried that and it sounds like a good idea. Unfortunately I wont be able to try this til tomorrow but thank you very much! and haha I dont actually think theyre glued in Ive just been having the hardest time unscrewing them.
    Last edited by SpiderJames; 01-04-2011 at 08:13 PM.