+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: my iphone2g wont turn on

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
2 night ago my iphone was frozen on the home screen and i tried to turn it off by holding down the power button but i didnt see the "slide
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy my iphone2g wont turn on
    2 night ago my iphone was frozen on the home screen and i tried to turn it off by holding down the power button but i didnt see the "slide to power down", then i left it and the the battery was completely dead, the iphone turned off with the black screen and it wont turn on again or even charge again, its only a black screen im seeing, i have tried holding down the power and home button for 60 seconds but the phone will not boot up,,and if i leave the iphone plug into my computer usb port and try to restart my computer, my computer will not boot up, it will only boot u if i plug out the iphone, its the same thing with my printer, i pluged it into my printer usb port and my printer will just start to malfunction,,,,,,
    does anyone knows how to possible fix this?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

it could be that the charger flex cable is damaged or lose, that is why it is not charging. This happens if the phone is dropped sometimes, and it is the same cable that connects to the home button, that is why holding home and power doesn't work, because home button and charger might not be working. you can open the phone and take out the motherboard and then put it back on making sure the charging/home flex cable is secured to the motherboard and see if that changes anything

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dq13 View Post
    it could be that the charger flex cable is damaged or lose, that is why it is not charging. This happens if the phone is dropped sometimes, and it is the same cable that connects to the home button, that is why holding home and power doesn't work, because home button and charger might not be working. you can open the phone and take out the motherboard and then put it back on making sure the charging/home flex cable is secured to the motherboard and see if that changes anything
    thank you for ur reply, i am also going to say this, when i plugg my iphone on the dock of my sound box players, i am hearing a beeping sound, it is like beep, beep beep, its just a continuos beep,and this is telling me that, the iphone is been recongised by the sound box when plugged in and another thing is that, i know my laptop picks it up also because when i leave it plugged in USB and do a restart, my computer will not boot up, that is why, i know my laptop slightly recongizes it, its the same when i plugg it in my printer also, the printer does recongize it, but it will start to malfunction.
    i would really appreciate it, if you can guide me through a guide for me to follow, so i can open my i-phone and know which cable is the flex cable and what else i should do to troubleshoot it.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

The reason why the laptop doesn't turn on is because it has the capability to boot from an external USB drive, so when there si something plugged in, the laptop try to find an operating system which is of course not on the phone, so it hangs and doesn't boot up. That doesn't mean the laptop recognizes a phone. I sold all my 2g phones so i have no way to make a video for you but look on YouTube for 2g take apart and you will find plenty. The cable that goes lose is the biggest one behind the motherboard

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok, but what i am saying is that, the phone is not completly dead because my laptop knows that is is plugged in USB but it cannot find an operating system.and if the phone was completely broken and dead, the computer would not pick it up look for a operating system to boot off,,,,
    but what i do not understand is that, y isnt the phone turning on or charging, if the computer does knows it is plugged in and searching for a OS,,
    but i am going to get some phillip screw driver and pull the phone right apart and put it back together

I haz a number
    Thanks

If you are really going to take your iPhone apart, then the item dq13 wants you to reseat is the large flex cable that is under the battery. You do not have to remove the battery. Carefully open iPhone. Black plastic cover, metal back cover. Remove the 3 screws that hold down the motherboard. Near where the right hand screw was (phone is face down), carefully lift the motherboard slightly 2-3mm and there is a ribbon clamp sitting on the back of the screen for the large flex cable. Using a thin tool push the clamp lever down (towards the front screen) it will release the flex cable. But do not remove the cable from the connector. Wriggle the motherboard very slightly, to basically push the cable end back into the ribbon clamp better. Then flip the clamp lever to the lock position again. Put your iPhone back together and pray a bit.

Good luck.

Brad

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well i went as far as removing the silver cover, and i see the battery, which is in a plastic covering, should i remove the battery to see the flex cable, and i really do not know what the motherboard is, i saw some videos on youtube but i wud rly want one that would directly show me how i should handle the flex cable

Quote Originally Posted by 805 93003 View Post
    If you are really going to take your iPhone apart, then the item dq13 wants you to reseat is the large flex cable that is under the battery. You do not have to remove the battery. Carefully open iPhone. Black plastic cover, metal back cover. Remove the 3 screws that hold down the motherboard. Near where the right hand screw was (phone is face down), carefully lift the motherboard slightly 2-3mm and there is a ribbon clamp sitting on the back of the screen for the large flex cable. Using a thin tool push the clamp lever down (towards the front screen) it will release the flex cable. But do not remove the cable from the connector. Wriggle the motherboard very slightly, to basically push the cable end back into the ribbon clamp better. Then flip the clamp lever to the lock position again. Put your iPhone back together and pray a bit
    Good luck.

Brad
    i see you have a iphone 2g, can u put up a video on youtube so i can follow and trubleshoot my iphone
    Last edited by vez-iphone; 01-02-2011 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I am getting a broken 2g phone tonight I think. I will open it to show you the cable, I will post on youtube and put the link here maybe tomorrow afternoon

EDIT : Got the phone... here is the video. one little advice, the two white cables are antenna for Wifi and celular, be careful when you take them out, they break easy since they are glued with silicone.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrL4wu0jlV4[/ame]
    Last edited by dq13; 01-02-2011 at 09:28 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i pulled the phone apart, but i am trying to put it back together and i cannot get the motherboard back conneccted, to those cables, that it was pulled off

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

it is a little tricky, I will do another video tonight of the putting together LOL. I just got home late and I had no light in my room cuz the wife was sleeping... check back later

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok will be awaiting, i hope this works

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I am not sure if the video came good enough, but it is hard since I do not have a tripod and its night time so I don't have enough light either, but here it is anyways

YouTube - assembly