+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 2G Screen Replacement

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi Guys, I just followed a video on youtube on the removal of the 2G screen as mine is currently having issues. I've taken the screen out. However, I noticed
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 2G Screen Replacement
    Hi Guys,

I just followed a video on youtube on the removal of the 2G screen as mine is currently having issues. I've taken the screen out. However, I noticed there is a extra electronic component to the top left of the old screen. Is it an ear piece? My issue is that the new screen replacement I have does not include this part. Do I have to separate the screen and digitiser and then extract the missing piece.

Thanks in advance,

Much appreciated.

*****I have just realised that the screen replacement kit I bought has come without the digitiser. So only the LCD and front cover included, nothing else! Properly annoyed now!
    Last edited by hitenb; 12-28-2010 at 04:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

you should see if you can return it and find the whole piece already assembled.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

yeah, your best bet to fix that is to get the whole front assembly, here is a link to one

iPhone 2G Complete Front Assembly w/ LCD Screen + Touch - eBay (item 220693219626 end time Jan-05-11 10:49:34 PST)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for that,

I wish I could return it, but I can't as I purchased it from ebay UK and I'm out of the country for a couple of months. I'll have to purchase another from ebay UK and then get it sent over to Kenya where I am based at the moment.

Really frustrated without the phone! GRR

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Happy New year to all of you.

I came across this, was just wondering if it would work. I have the LCD, but it was missing a digitizer. Anyway, I was hoping you could please have a look at the link below and let me know if it was suitable.

New Touch Screen Glass Digitizer for iphone 2 2G 2nd on eBay (end time 18-Jan-11 10:06:37 GMT)

Cheers,

hiten