Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Winterboard bricked my iPhone 4: Error 1611, no IMEI or ICCID, only turns on plugged in

Default Winterboard bricked my iPhone 4: Error 1611, no IMEI or ICCID, only turns on plugged in
    Winterboard completely raped my iPhone 4 running on the 4.1 firmware. I woke up in the morning and it was stuck on the Slide for Emergency screen I noticed that both the IMEI and ICCID were missing. I also noticed that the iPhone would not work at all unless it was plugged into the wall. When I got home I put it in restore mode by holding the home button and then plugging into the PC. But when I tried to restore it, I got the error 1611. I've tried with three different firmwares. Official 4.1, custom sn0wbreeze 4.1 and official 4.2.1. No luck. I've read that when you're missing the IMEI and ICCID, its a hardware problem and something needs to be replaced. If you guys could tell me the particular parts that need to be replaced, I'm willing to buy them.

Please note that I CANNOT bring the phone to Apple because it is jailbroken and it is so obvious that its jailbroken because you can see the Windows Advanced theme, and I have that Android lock thing. And obviously without restoring there is no way to get rid of the jailbreak.

And did you try a normal restore? I doubt it's a hard wish issue
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Quote Originally Posted by Westerman View Post
    And did you try a normal restore? I doubt it's a hard wish issue
    Normal restore, as in just clicking the restore button and letting it restore the latest firmware? Yes. But it gave me the same error code. I've read that when the IMEI and ICCID are missing, it means there's a problem with the baseband chip or the comm board. But don't people in that situation get error 23? I'm getting 1611...

Yeah usually 16xx is a USB error

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Quote Originally Posted by Westerman View Post
    Yeah usually 16xx is a USB error
    I've tried the ports in the back and got the same error. Then I tried it on my laptop and got error 2002.

Is your phone in dfu? And are u running tu as a tss

When my jailbroken 3GS bricked on me, I shipped to apple and they still shipped me a new one.

But before that I had gone to the apple store and when he realized my phone was jailbroken and bricked he told me to leave the store.

Wow they really said just to leave the store? But then thru the mail they replaced it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cougs837 View Post
    Wow they really said just to leave the store? But then thru the mail they replaced it?
    Yep that's how it went.

I guess they're moody because when my first i4 (jailbroken) was drowned by 5 gallons of lemonade while on the clock at Chickfila I went to the apple store and they told me to go home, restore it, bring it back. So I did and they gave me a new one on the spot.

Do you have wifi Sync?

Quote Originally Posted by iWieduwilt View Post
    Yep that's how it went.

I guess they're moody because when my first i4 (jailbroken) was drowned by 5 gallons of lemonade while on the clock at Chickfila I went to the apple store and they told me to go home, restore it, bring it back. So I did and they gave me a new one on the spot.
    When I bought my first itouch I jailbroke it and it wouldn't work. When I went to my local apple store (I'm so lucky it's 2 minutes away) I was so scared that they wouldn't take it, he just gave me a brand new one. The funny thing is it managed to turn on by them and I got lucky and he didn't care.