+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SSH problem

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi. I'm quite new here even though I've been browsing around and I"m not sure if this is in the right section but I have one major problem. Sometimes, I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default SSH problem
    Hi. I'm quite new here even though I've been browsing around and I"m not sure if this is in the right section but I have one major problem.

Sometimes, I get disconnected from SSHing my iPhone when my iPhone isn't on the lock screen and Auto-Lock is never. I find it annoying that I always have to enter Cydia and modify my OpenSSH package.

My question here is if there's a way to stop that from happening and just allow me to log in and out without having to reinstall OpenSSH everytime I want to use WinSCP and change some stuff in my iPhone

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Yeah thats weird never had that problem. Are you using wifi or usb?
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Westerman View Post
    Yeah thats weird never had that problem. Are you using wifi or usb?
    My iPhone is connected to my computer and I'm using the iPhone's wifi IP address.

Bump... Sorry if this is in the wrong section...
    Last edited by alvinlala; 12-23-2010 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    yeah this is the wrong section, but close enough

but i'm confused, you have to reinstall openssh everytime you wanna use winscp with your iphone, or your iphone just disconnects from winscp randomly?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AaronNnNn View Post
    yeah this is the wrong section, but close enough

but i'm confused, you have to reinstall openssh everytime you wanna use winscp with your iphone, or your iphone just disconnects from winscp randomly?
    Yeah. Sometimes when I leave it idle for, I dunno five minutes at the least, WinSCP just disconnects from my iPhone and tries to reconnect. I always have to open up Cydia and reinstall OpenSSH if I want to continue SSHing into my iPhone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alvinlala View Post
    Yeah. Sometimes when I leave it idle for, I dunno five minutes at the least, WinSCP just disconnects from my iPhone and tries to reconnect. I always have to open up Cydia and reinstall OpenSSH if I want to continue SSHing into my iPhone.
    Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling winSCP? I've never had this problem with the program, and I don't thing the problem is with the openSSH package from cydia.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iWieduwilt View Post
    Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling winSCP? I've never had this problem with the program, and I don't thing the problem is with the openSSH package from cydia.
    I haven't yet mainly because I haven't been needing to SSH into my iPhone but I guess I can try that..

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alvinlala View Post
    I haven't yet mainly because I haven't been needing to SSH into my iPhone but I guess I can try that..
    Try that and tell me how it goes.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yes am having the same problem with my ssh it disconnect it self pls help me out

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default ssh Problem fixed today!!
    Hey Just a light for those who needed... open ssh got updated today and works fine. used to have te same ordeal as all mentioned here... install and re-install, today Problem Solved

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Glove it got fixed, I was also going to recommend iphonebrowser, don't have to worry about disconnecting and in my experience seems a bit faster. The only thing I've found is that there's no terminal option but I use mobile terminal for that (may not be the best for long lines of code).

When I'm Good, I'm Very Good iGood's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool I was wondering the same thing... Had the same problem... Cool it's fixed. !