Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sim Tray Lever Ejector Spring...How do you screw a screw with no screw hole?

Default Sim Tray Lever Ejector Spring...How do you screw a screw with no screw hole?
    So I have to replace the back housing. The after market housing from iPhone accessories - BlackBerry accessories - Cell Phone Accessories at Wholesale Price has NO SCREW HOLE for the sim tray lever.
    I thought it was a good website... anyways

How did you guys manage to get the screw for the sim tray lever into the aftermarket back housing?
    What drill size did you use?

Any reliable method to get the screw into the aftermarket housing?

Heres a picture.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I would personally use a screwdriver with magnet so the screw attaches to it without the need to touch it, then I would heat the crap out of the screw and then screw it into the back housing, it will make its own hole and be tight and when it cools, will be firmly attached to the plastic.

note that I have never done this, is just my idea as a solution

Honestly not a bad idea just be extremely careful and make sure u have it exactly where u need it to go
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Just save yourself the trouble and get one off of eBay I know plenty seller that sell the colored housing and have that hole
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    Once you purchase a product surely its up to you if you put it in a blender or drive over it in a car, what right do Apple have to stop us abusing our stuff? thats like saying you can't slap your girlfriend, she's your girlfriend, you own her, you can do what you want to her lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gyngabread Man View Post
    Just save yourself the trouble and get one off of eBay I know plenty seller that sell the colored housing and have that hole
    Can you provide the link? and are they from the US?