Page 1 of 14 123 11 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Custom 3G/S housings and parts giveaway!

Thanks

Thumbs up Custom 3G/S housings and parts giveaway!
    I'm not sure yet whom to give, but I'll figure it out and post here, or in another thread. ANYONE ASKING! Just post your preference in the thread. That's it. As soon as all are taken, I'll send everything out at once.

One "kit" contains:
    • Back housing
    • Golden mirror logo insert
    • Titanium Nitride frame (gold appearance)
    • Volume, sleep and silent switches
    • Home button with gold instead of white
    • Control electronics flex PCB and tricolor LED
    • Individually matched SIM card tray

I've had these lying around for about a year now; they were part of a project that fell victim to another, much more exciting project that I'd like to announce... soon. (It has nothing to do with customizations or anything)

Anyway - I have:
    • 18 x Blonde Burlwood
    • 04 x Dark Straight Wood
    • 03 x Grey Dark Burlwood
    • 04 x Carbon Fiber
    • 38 x Frames
    • ?? x Buttons, switches, apples, electronics*

* Will make as many as needed for the above

No assembly! I just don't have the time or patience anymore! If you end up with a kit but you're not the DIY type, I recommend iHospital

For the time being, please post your suggestions on how to decide who gets what - random pick, popularity contest, etc. In regards to what I mentioned earlier about announcing a new product and I could use a little help... therefore, I'd like to reserve a few (up to 5) to give to someone who can help me with stuff like promo video clip editing, basic web design and such (please PM if you can help - otherwise SPREAD THE WORD). Everything else is up for grabs though, as soon as we figure it out how - please post something!

Thanks for looking!

The loot:

One assembled:

The options:

It glows and changes colors, yay! Only when the phone is in use, though. And no, it does not drain the battery:

Bezel and button:

The titanium nitride coating is the same as used on industrial cutting tools for durability. If you really want to scratch it, you can try with a diamond... sandpaper doesn't work.

The glowing colors, video in the dark. After you watch, please write your suggestion in the quick reply box below. THANKS!

Last edited by flix; 01-22-2011 at 09:22 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to flix For This Useful Post:

BlancoStarz (03-02-2011), BLiT (02-09-2011), ryan0926 (02-08-2011), SDXD (09-14-2011), Thomas1031 (01-29-2011)

I WANT CARBON FIBER AND STRAIGHT WOOD NOW!

I assume every hole including the sim level is drilled right?

BTW how would the led light hook up to the battery? To the logic board? *edit* nvm picture answered that

Are they real materials? Carbon fiber especially?
    Last edited by cybrax2; 12-15-2010 at 09:37 PM.

Looks amazing
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Me want please.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

that looks awesome, specially the glowing apple logo in the back

Hmm, interesting, why not have many different things? Like a few winners in lottery, others in something like "name that app contest", others completely randomly chosen and the like?

It will probably take alot of effort to organize though heh.

In order to be truly fair to all though, randomly chosen winners inside a thread is probably the best (and simplest) alternative.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Very nice looking!

I'd love to put one together for display in my store.

Oooooohhh preeeettttyyyy

I think the lucky person should be picked on their comment. Like whoever says "Oooooohhh preeeettttyyyy" first

I replied first! you know how bad i want it.

I'd even pay for shipping. lol

That's awesome! I'd love to have a glowing apple on the back!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kioes's Avatar
    Thanks

I would kill for that straight wood housing and gold bezzel / button!!!
    Would it fit 3g though?

On second thought I would kill for just bezzel and button!

Very impressive, really! I love the wooden one.. Would even pay the shipping

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

OMG HOw have you done it??? I want some did you use CNC?

Hey man i have been working on glowing apple for iphone 4, so i got good progress. everything glows but i dont have right equipment to make the apple logo clear, is there any way we can work out together??

And also i got connection overseas where people would love to see that i can send them a few samples.
    Last edited by wolk72; 12-19-2010 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Wow my hat is off to you. That carbon fiber looks sick. How is the battery drain? And how do you control the glow? Good job on these.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    Once you purchase a product surely its up to you if you put it in a blender or drive over it in a car, what right do Apple have to stop us abusing our stuff? thats like saying you can't slap your girlfriend, she's your girlfriend, you own her, you can do what you want to her lol

If you wanna get ride of em I'll take anyones let over that no one wants haha parts are parts right? As long as they work I don't really care how they look

i neeeeeeddddddddd one this is awesome my back is cracked i need to replace it where can i get this i want i want

iPhone? More like MyPhone Nopstnz8's Avatar
    Thanks

Is the Carbon Fiber one have a real carbon fiber look to it? If so, I'd be willing to pay for one. Not a huge fan of the gold, but does the back have an OEM fit so I could use the OEM buttons and bezel? Is the Apple logo on back chrome or gold without the lights because I really like the chrome logo too?

These are PHENOMENAL!

If your still giving them away please consider me!!! Im a huge fan!!

My birthday is in 4 days too! That would be an awesome gift! I don't mind paying for shipping, (Actually, I don't even mind paying for the housing!

Carbon fiber ones look awesome, same with the dark wood! But really they are all awesome!!!
    Last edited by Chaseley1; 12-25-2010 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Nopstnz8's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chaseley1 View Post
    These are PHENOMENAL!

If your still giving them away please consider me!!! Im a huge fan!!

My birthday is in 4 days too! That would be an awesome gift! I don't mind paying for shipping, (Actually, I don't even mind paying for the housing!

Carbon fiber ones look awesome, same with the dark wood! But really they are all awesome!!!
    +1

just do a random pick.Open a thread for a period of time (you pick till when) make us reply only ones, more then ones officially disqualified from it.Make a mod closed thread and just use random.org and let it pick your winners.

Page 1 of 14 123 11 ... LastLast