+ Reply
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Custom 3G/S housings and parts giveaway!

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by eagles005 It was a cool idea but I think the thread may be dead, lol. It took a week for anybody to even respond to my post.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Nopstnz8's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eagles005 View Post
    It was a cool idea but I think the thread may be dead, lol. It took a week for anybody to even respond to my post. I guess people just got too busy doing other things. If the parts ever do show up, they will have to create a new list because most probably won't be around or have the need for them.
    Yeah seriously. Pretty sure this is dead too. The planning was never really there to get this going in the first place.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Best PC build??? Biggest hard drive? Has the oldest iPod? Has the oldest pc?

Quote Originally Posted by Nopstnz8 View Post
    Yeah seriously. Pretty sure this is dead too. The planning was never really there to get this going in the first place.
    It is most likely dead. He probably found someone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i would like the wood one or the carbon fibre one please how much plz

wood one of carbon fibre one plz how much

iPhone? More like MyPhone Nopstnz8's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexb09 View Post
    i would like the wood one or the carbon fibre one please how much plz

wood one of carbon fibre one plz how much
    Dude did you even read the last few posts? This thread is dead...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

OK, so I know it's been months since this has had an update (I have been unordinarily busy with a new job working night shift and my wife and a new baby), and I haven't heard from flix in an even longer period of time, so here's the deal... you all will most likely not like this, and flix will probably be pissed at me for saying all of this, but I don't care anymore, I don't want anyone to think that I'm the one stalling or that I sold all the stuff or anything, I just want to be honest with my fellow MMi-ers, in fact I wanted to be honest with you all from the start but I was told to keep my mouth shut... anyway, here's the low-down:

I DO still have all the stuff... all the stuff that I was sent anyway... and no I haven't even installed one on my own 3Gs

So here's the rundown, I got a crapload of cases. I got a bunch that were actually complete , and I got a bunch of wrecked CNC testers that had the cutouts all out of whack and are good for absolutely nothing...

I got VERY FEW of the clear apple inserts for the case cutouts... they kinda fit the cutouts, but you still need to trim the cutouts, and they're a bit thick... There's about a 1-2mm difference between the back of the apple and the inside of the case. kinda makes the battery fit questionable...

I got a bunch of gold bezels, and they look nice, but I really only got enough of the other parts in gold to make maybe 2-3 full gold trim kits...

as for the fader circuit for the light in the clear apple logo... I got 1 LED and I got 2 of the fader circuits and both are completely different circuit designs and there is no parts listing or part numbers for either the LED or the parts on the fader's flex PCB. I was able to remove and test the resistors on on of them so I know those values, but the other parts are unknown and I don't have the time or desire to reverse engineer it. the kind of LED used is also unknown. In 6+ years of electronics modding I've never seen a multicolored LED like the one shown in the video that only has two leads, and I've called every parts resource I have and none of them know what it is... I was also not given any instruction or circuit diagram, so even if I had LEDS and PCBs I wouldn't be able to tell you which pad is + and which is -...

All in all, every part that I was sent would need at least minor modification in order to be properly fit together and installed...

Now, here's the thing that was most disappointing thing to me. From the beginning the question was never really answered, though it was asked many times... these are not real wood. it is one of those faux wood paint jobs. not that that doesn't look cool, but I was under the impression that they were real wood or at least wood veneer (why? idk, maybe because they were said to be wood not wood-like). now, some of them are REALLY well painted and you would have to look closely to notice it, some however are more noticeable, distractingly so, especially the 3 front plates that came...

Personally, I'm very picky about these kinds of things, you may not be, but I have a feeling that most of you are...

On that note, if you still want your case, send me a PM and we can work it out i suppose...

iPhone? More like MyPhone iamkadaj's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrfhoutx View Post
    OK, so I know it's been months since this has had an update (I have been unordinarily busy with a new job working night shift and my wife and a new baby), and I haven't heard from flix in an even longer period of time, so here's the deal... you all will most likely not like this, and flix will probably be pissed at me for saying all of this, but I don't care anymore, I don't want anyone to think that I'm the one stalling or that I sold all the stuff or anything, I just want to be honest with my fellow MMi-ers, in fact I wanted to be honest with you all from the start but I was told to keep my mouth shut... anyway, here's the low-down:

I DO still have all the stuff... all the stuff that I was sent anyway... and no I haven't even installed one on my own 3Gs

So here's the rundown, I got a crapload of cases. I got a bunch that were actually complete , and I got a bunch of wrecked CNC testers that had the cutouts all out of whack and are good for absolutely nothing...

I got VERY FEW of the clear apple inserts for the case cutouts... they kinda fit the cutouts, but you still need to trim the cutouts, and they're a bit thick... There's about a 1-2mm difference between the back of the apple and the inside of the case. kinda makes the battery fit questionable...

I got a bunch of gold bezels, and they look nice, but I really only got enough of the other parts in gold to make maybe 2-3 full gold trim kits...

as for the fader circuit for the light in the clear apple logo... I got 1 LED and I got 2 of the fader circuits and both are completely different circuit designs and there is no parts listing or part numbers for either the LED or the parts on the fader's flex PCB. I was able to remove and test the resistors on on of them so I know those values, but the other parts are unknown and I don't have the time or desire to reverse engineer it. the kind of LED used is also unknown. In 6+ years of electronics modding I've never seen a multicolored LED like the one shown in the video that only has two leads, and I've called every parts resource I have and none of them know what it is... I was also not given any instruction or circuit diagram, so even if I had LEDS and PCBs I wouldn't be able to tell you which pad is + and which is -...

All in all, every part that I was sent would need at least minor modification in order to be properly fit together and installed...

Now, here's the thing that was most disappointing thing to me. From the beginning the question was never really answered, though it was asked many times... these are not real wood. it is one of those faux wood paint jobs. not that that doesn't look cool, but I was under the impression that they were real wood or at least wood veneer (why? idk, maybe because they were said to be wood not wood-like). now, some of them are REALLY well painted and you would have to look closely to notice it, some however are more noticeable, distractingly so, especially the 3 front plates that came...

Personally, I'm very picky about these kinds of things, you may not be, but I have a feeling that most of you are...

On that note, if you still want your case, send me a PM and we can work it out i suppose...
    So basically you were sent a box of garbage, and ended up as the fall guy?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iamkadaj View Post
    So basically you were sent a box of garbage, and ended up as the fall guy?
    I don't know that I'd necessarily put it that way, it's not all garbage, but it's definitely not what was expected (there is only enough stuff to make one full kit with everything originally mentioned)... By me or (I assume) by any of you. As I said I still have everything that was sent and if anyone wants to chance it let me know and I'll send your stuff, otherwise I'll have one more box of random parts sitting in my closet...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, you have done some really awesome job =).

I would really like, if it's still possible, to have one of your dark straight wood housing, with an Apple logo and an golden kit. I would also really like the carbon fiber one, but without the gold.

I will put a white LED there instead of a changing color one. I know how to install everything except where to plug the LED, but I still have basics in
    electronics and a soldering iron...

I will pay for the shipping, and for the housing.
    Last edited by SDXD; 09-19-2011 at 03:28 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I sent you a message.

Thanks

That Glowing Multi-Colored Apple is BAD *****.......
    Very Nicely Done!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Dead thread...
    Last edited by SDXD; 10-23-2011 at 10:14 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Last edited by Etz65; 11-13-2011 at 02:52 AM. Reason: WRong

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thumbs up Would like one please
    IF you still have them i would like one carbon or anyone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default It's a Year Late, but...
    Good afternoon,
    I have an iPhone 3g and would like to know if there are any housing and parts left.
    Please email me at [email protected] or call 570-431-9821.

PLEASE...I would love to have one of the cool backlit mods.

If you do not have any, please direct me as to where to find them.

Thanks in advance.
    Shawn

+ Reply
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314