+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 touch screen not working after screen replacement

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
ok ok, i wanted to be one of the cool guys so i took the dive and purchased the white LCD/digitizer combo to go along with my super cool white
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default iPhone 4 touch screen not working after screen replacement
    ok ok, i wanted to be one of the cool guys so i took the dive and purchased the white LCD/digitizer combo to go along with my super cool white rear housing. i followed ifixit's guide after reading it over ten times and watching acouple youtube videos on iPhone 4 teardowns.

after it was all said and done, i held onto the home/sleep button with my heart pounding at about 2000 beats per minute...I gave it a big sigh of relief when the phone booted up and the LCD beautifully shined my lockscreen. but i guess i spoke to soon since the touch screen wasn't working :T

so i took the phone apart again and doubled checked the digitizer and lcd sockets to be sure that they were secure. i even took out the whole lcd/digitizer again to check for any creases/folds on the ribbon, everything looked a-ok to me. i did some googling and found some similar problems but with the 3GS...but i followed their solutions regardless. tried restarting the phone, still nothing. tried wedging a small piece of paper over the sockets, still nothing.

i'm lost for solutions now. does anybody know of any potential problems that i could have? i hate to think that its a defective part but i e-mailed the seller about it anyways.

oh yeah, someone told me i should wipe the sockets with some alcohol, should i really be doing that?

kthxbai

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You can do the alcohol to clean up the connectors but make sure the alcohol is as close to 100% as you can get. Nothing below 95% or else you're just water-damaging it. Aside from that, sounds like the part is defective. Make sure not only the ribbons are secure but also lined up correctly.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You either dont have it hooked up right, it's bad or you messed it up. Narrow down the choices. Put your old screen back on and see if it works.. If it does the white screen is bad
    iRepair Indy