Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is it possible to insert a 3g SIM card into iphone 1.0 (and make calls)?

Default Is it possible to insert a 3g SIM card into iphone 1.0 (and make calls)?
    I have the very first gen iPhone and I'm going to buy a 3G plan for my laptop, so I'm just curious, if I buy a 3G SIM card will I be able to insert it into my old iPhone and make calls?

Thanks!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I'm not 100% sure I understood everything (confused when you included laptop), but I can answer this way:

2g, 3g, 3gs use the same sim card. iPhone 4 is smaller. (laptop? no idea what you're talking about)
    Last edited by Mes; 11-19-2010 at 09:35 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,547 Times in 7,108 Posts

Ya not too sure if that will work or not. If you try it let us know.

yes you will be just fine

after reading it more thoroughly im confused lol
    Last edited by DevouredDreams; 11-19-2010 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alikim View Post
    I have the very first gen iPhone and I'm going to buy a 3G plan for my laptop, so I'm just curious, if I buy a 3G SIM card will I be able to insert it into my old iPhone and make calls?

Thanks!
    No you will have data buy no voice it won't work. And the system will automaticly flag you. You maybe able to use google voice tho
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

As far as I understand it, you can buy a mobile broadband plan with some company and use your own USB modem with it, i.e they just give you a 3G SIM card which you insert in the modem. That's for the laptop.

You can also have some mobile plan on that card, so what I'm trying to understand is if I can use the SIM card in my old iPhone to make calls.