Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 4 motherboard

Default iphone 4 motherboard
    Does anyone happen to know any place that sells iphone 4 motherboard replacement? Need one asap.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hongbot View Post
    Does anyone happen to know any place that sells iphone 4 motherboard replacement? Need one asap.
    What happened to yours.. why do you need a new one?

If you were to find one they will probably be so expensive you could just buy a new phone.

The only place I found one is eBay. Do you have water damage of so you maybe able to fix the one you have. What's wrong with yours?
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Quote Originally Posted by iRepairIndy View Post
    What happened to yours.. why do you need a new one?

If you were to find one they will probably be so expensive you could just buy a new phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by westerman View Post
    The only place I found one is eBay. Do you have water damage of so you maybe able to fix the one you have. What's wrong with yours?
    I broke the battery connector on the motherboard by accident when I was tearing it down. I was looking for a new motherboard if it ever came down to that scenario. But my uncle managed to solder it back for me and works fine. Thanks for the help.

I couldn't find any motherboard at all, even on ebay incase someone is looking for one also.

I broke the battery connector on the motherboard by accident when I was tearing it down. I was looking for a new motherboard if it ever came down to that scenario. But my uncle managed to solder it back for me and works fine. Thanks for the help.

I couldn't find any motherboard at all, even on ebay incase someone is looking for one also.
    I have the exact same problem!
    I changed the front display on my iPhone 4 and by accident the battery connector on the mainboard got loose. I am now trying to find a new mainboard, but the only one i found so far was on ebay but its 16GB and not cheap AT ALL....for that price i would rather buy a new one then.
    I tried everything i could to fix the problem, i even went out buying a mophie juice pack for 99 dollars hoping it would help as a external battery source, but with no success...
    I don't know what to do anymore...

Thanks

i got the 32gig one

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.ratta View Post
    I changed the front display on my iPhone 4 and by accident the battery connector on the mainboard got loose. I am now trying to find a new mainboard, but the only one i found so far was on ebay but its 16GB and not cheap AT ALL....for that price i would rather buy a new one then.
    I tried everything i could to fix the problem, i even went out buying a mophie juice pack for 99 dollars hoping it would help as a external battery source, but with no success...
    Do what I did. Turn the phone back into black. If your phone is jailbroken, restore it. During the restore process, it will reboot, which cause you to be stuck in recovery. Even tinyumbrella and recboot will not save you. After that, go to the apple store, tell them that you your phone can only be used for 3 minutes then it would restart by itself. And you tried to restore it to see if it fix the problem, but it can't be restore due to it will cut off half way, they will replace your phone at the spot if they have any in stock. That what I just did today.

Also. Solder the battery connector to the board if it still possible.
    Last edited by hongbot; 12-27-2010 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    How could i fix mine, it has water damage i freezes on any app u go to, and it also freezes if you press the sleep/on button... please reply

You'll probably need a new motherboard ^
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.ratta View Post
    ill buy ur motherboard off u

Thanks

please understand that the motherboard is the sole component that makes it a phone. people are reluctant to sell "just" the motherboard, because all you have left then is a small pile of junk. buy a water damaged phone, and make it yours. fixing water damage is NOT that hard, just time intensive.
    Good luck, and have fun learning.
    unklbyl

Quote Originally Posted by wolk72 View Post
    i got the 32gig one
    how much do you want for it

Quote Originally Posted by unklbyl View Post
    please understand that the motherboard is the sole component that makes it a phone. people are reluctant to sell "just" the motherboard, because all you have left then is a small pile of junk. buy a water damaged phone, and make it yours. fixing water damage is NOT that hard, just time intensive.
    Good luck, and have fun learning.
    how can you fix a water damaged iphone thought i would be knackered

Thanks

First step is to dry it out. I generally take it all the way apart, put it in 1 wrap of cotton cloth in a bag of rice, and let it sit for three days or maybe four. Then, 70% or better methanol alcohol, and clean out the motherboard. The alcohol will get rid of the water resedue. Reflow, reseat, and reassemble. Again, very time intensive, and work intensive, but there are a few people who can do it for you on this forum.

I'll fix either one of those, or buy them off you. I also sell iphone 4 mobos when I have spares, which isn't common, but trade in boards are welcome. For some background, I'm one of the owners of The SmartPhone Clinic, and I personally specialize in repairs that require a rework station.

Quote Originally Posted by blazie151 View Post
    I'll fix either one of those, or buy them off you. I also sell iphone 4 mobos when I have spares, which isn't common, but trade in boards are welcome. For some background, I'm one of the owners of The SmartPhone Clinic, and I personally specialize in repairs that require a rework station.
    I need a 3GS 32GB mobo in tested working conditions,can you supply it ? What will cost with shipping in USA.
    Old one has black screen and lately not charging.
    Willing to trade.
    Thank you

Thanks

PM me if you want i have a company that will fix the motherboard for about $75. I had to have my personal iphone fixed because of a broken battery connector as well. they also fix water damage and can replace any connector on the board.

Replacing just the mobo is kind of a silly proposition considering that is basically the heart of the phone. Everything else is really just an attachment to the mobo. It is probably easier and more economical to get a whole new phone.

I don't have any spare 3GS boards ATM. Like I said before though, I can fix them if you'd like. I have a computer controlled IR rework station and can replace anything on the board. I also repair water damaged phones as well as the broken battery connector on the iPhone 4 (which I've repaired a ton of). Basically, as long as the solder pads aren't ripped off the board, I can fix it. I normally use 63sn/37pb solder, or 96.5sn/3.5ag solder if the customer requests lead-free.

I do all of my repairs in a professional shop set up to deal with BGA reballing, and offer a 90 day warranty on all repairs. My shop information is below if you'd like to contact me.

The Smartphone Clinic
    20614 Biscayne Blvd
    Aventura, FL 33180
    thesmartphoneclinic(dot)com

You can PM me for details of quotes of individual jobs, and you should be able to get my shop number as well as email address from the above posted information. I'd post them directly, but do not want the loads of spam that I would receive the minute a bot ripped the email addresses and phone numbers from the forum.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to blazie151 For This Useful Post:

iceman62 (03-03-2012)

Unhappy iP4 Phone Calls Can hear other party but they cannot hear me
    i Phone 4 ios ver4.2.1 Firmware 01.59.00 when in Phone Calls Can I can hear other party but they cannot hear me. It first started with a loot of crackling going on then I would tap on back and it would stop for a little while. Now I make phone call and I hear other party clear but they can not hear me. I have done a tear down and took apart all connectors I could find and reconnected to make sure they were making good connections and I also replaced the assembly at the bottom called the Charge Port Assembly. because thats where I believed the mic makes its connection at. If anyone has run across this problem or has any ideas how to fix this I would greatly appreciate any help. As for now its only a iTouch and I really am jonesin for my iPhone.

For iPhone repair, highly recommend this ebay user dkarhightech. They repaired my iPhone 4 battery connectors when others said it's unrepairable. They worked fast, got my iPhone back in a week. Read their feedback!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast