+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Wifi Problem??

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I've tried a search but can't find anything that matches. I JB my iPhone a couple of months back and all has been fine. The last week or two, I'm
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 Wifi Problem??
    I've tried a search but can't find anything that matches.

I JB my iPhone a couple of months back and all has been fine.
    The last week or two, I'm having problems with my wifi connection. Will try to explain:

Connection is working fine, I go to work and come back home and the phone won't pick up the connection? The status bar doesn't show any Wifi signals, yet if I go into settings the wifi is on and connected to my router.
    If I go into SB settings, the Wifi icon isn't on, I turn it on and the icon loads briefly and illuminates, but still no signal bars. If I exit SB settings and go back into it, Wifi icon isn't on again.
    All this time my settings are still saying Wifi is on & connected.
    If I then respring through SB settings or winterboard I then get the wifi signal bars at the top of the screen, but as soon as I load either email or Safari, you can tell it doesn't work as the speeds are slow....

As soon as I reset the phone (sleep & home button), the signal bars are there, connection works fine and the icon in SB settings is now highlighted.

Having to keep hard resetting the phone everytime I go out and come back home is a pain in the arse!!

Any ideas...?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

when the bars are not show did you check your ip address in the wireless setting? if yes do you still have local ip (192.XX or 10.xx or 172.xx) if you have something the start with 169.xx it mean you are not connected anymore to your local lan, which will maybe point on low signal and other issues.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by echo2010 View Post
    when the bars are not show did you check your ip address in the wireless setting? if yes do you still have local ip (192.XX or 10.xx or 172.xx) if you have something the start with 169.xx it mean you are not connected anymore to your local lan, which will maybe point on low signal and other issues.
    Thanks for the reply

I will check for sure next time it happens, but I'm pretty sure that the ip address was the same as it usually is

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!!!! If there is anyone still needed help, here is what got it for me.

As soon as I JB my iphone 4s, I went MOD HAPPY!!!! I downloaded anything and everything there was. I noticed that as soon as I tried to change my status bar around, it got all messed up. I went back in and decided that I should remove anything I didn't need like changing the clock to my name, changing the font from my theme font, and other small stuff like that. Literally the SECOND I removed the customizations from the status bar, my battery worked right, my wifi connected properly, and everything worked way faster!! Call it luck or call it coincidence, it has been good for several hours now.