+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G Not Charging or Syncing. Bad USB Dock? Help Me!

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So recently my iPhone 3G stopped charging and syncing out of the blue. Couple things to point out: Has about 30% battery life left (Conserving it while I can) Will
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3G Not Charging or Syncing. Bad USB Dock? Help Me!
    So recently my iPhone 3G stopped charging and syncing out of the blue.

Couple things to point out:
    • Has about 30% battery life left (Conserving it while I can)
    • Will not sync w/ iTunes (Tried DFU and Recovery mode so cannot restore)
    • Will not charge. No charging bolt icon or anything (Tried all kinds of cables, USB ports, and genuine wall charger)
    • With the iPhone off, plugging it in a power source will power it on and boot to the OS
    • Will not vibrate when toggling switch. After opening it and messing around with the flex cables, it appears to be vibrating now.
    • Plugged it into my car charger/aux cable and it gave me the error that the accessory wasn't compatible and airplane mode etc... Can't get it to reproduce this error after plugging it in the first time.

Should I replace the USB dock or could the battery be the problem? Or am I wasting my time buying either of these to try to fix this problem?

Here is the USB Dock that I plan on buying.

All help and input are greatly appreciated
    Last edited by roflc0pter; 08-29-2010 at 04:09 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

This happened to me once, but it happened after removing the motherboard to change the vibrate switch that was broken. After I put the phone together, it would not charge, sync, but it would turn on when plugged and boot up... same as yours. I replaced that USB dock and didn't solve anything.

The difference is that I removed the motherboard and pretty much everything, so I think I broke something. I still have the USB dock somewhere, I will look for it if you want it so you don;t have to buy one and maybe won't work.. you just pay for shipping. email me [email protected]

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks man. I might have to grab that dock from you. Any chance you would happen to have a spare battery?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

no, I just have that connector.. sorry

Green Apple
    Thanks

Got the USB dock today and no go. Guess I will have to sell the phone for parts.