Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help on iPhone 4 Front screen and Back plate replacement

Default Need help on iPhone 4 Front screen and Back plate replacement
    Hi guys I am buying a iPhone 4 that has a cracked screen from front and back.

I am trying to find the parts I need to replace the cracked components, but not sure what I need.

I ran across this:
    16GB iPhone 4 Battery Back Cover + Screen Glass Lens Black

The parts seem way to cheap..am I missing something here?

Thanks

Those parts are just the glass, which means you have to pry off the back glass from the battery panel.

The front glass part is mostly useless because the LCD and Digitzer are fused together and can't really be removed AFAIK. Look on ebay.

That glass works for the back panel if you remove the shattered glass, but it will not work on the front.
    iPhone 4, Yellow Custom Glass, 32GB, 4.3.3, non-working home button. And a prototype iPhone 4 White.
    Main Computer:MacBook Unibody Plastic, 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 250x2GB, Red glowing Apple.
    Water Damaged iPhone? Don't throw it away; iPhone Motherboard washing tutorial!!! (PM me I will do it for you)

so in order to repalce the front of the iphone screen, you would have to waste about 150$ to buy a compeltely new screen that has both the lcd and digitizer and front plate?
    Common Sense.

Thanks

Precisely.
    iPhone 4, Yellow Custom Glass, 32GB, 4.3.3, non-working home button. And a prototype iPhone 4 White.
    Main Computer:MacBook Unibody Plastic, 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 250x2GB, Red glowing Apple.
    Water Damaged iPhone? Don't throw it away; iPhone Motherboard washing tutorial!!! (PM me I will do it for you)

thats bs! mannn... f apple for making us pay more to fix it ourself BS i tell ya ha
    Common Sense.

Thanks

I know... I'm gonna miss the days of 15$ iPhone cracked glass fixes... argg...

why cant you just glue the front screen back?

Thanks

As stated above by me, the LCD and Digitizer are fused into one piece so In the process of removing the digitizer, chances are 98% that you will murder the retina display in the process. Ever tried separating the glass from the LCD on a 2G? Not fun.