Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3GS wont charge or connect

Default Iphone 3GS wont charge or connect
    when I tried to charge my Iphone 3GS with my pc at work, nothing happened. Thought it was the pc, but when I got home, it will not charge with anything. Tried docking station, wall charger, PC...my other 2 iphones work perfectly with the cables and pc's. Haven't dropped the phone, nothing, just out of the blue. Cleaned contacts, don't know what else to do. Also, it will not connect to the computers either.

Try putting the phone in dfu and see if the computer will recognize it then. If not you have a bad dock and need it to get replaced
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Tried...nothing works. Any guide on how to replace the dock?

Go to the guides section and read the take apart

same problem with the 3g. I have an iphone repair shop and I am stumped as well. What i do for the customer is throw away the logicboard and replace it with a new one. but I cannot find the reason why these are doing it they work fine when it comes to starting up but no charge or sync.
    Last edited by Kingcyprus; 08-16-2010 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm having the same problem. Recently i had to replace a digitizer on one of my 3gs 16gbs. Everything went fine at first then i noticed i didn't snap the digitizer connector in all the way, so i took it back apart but in the process i broke the connector off the lcd ribbon.
    well anyways i replaced the whole lcd, everything went smoothly. i went to test it by hitting the power button and it came up with the plug pointing to the lightning bolt which i figured it would do since it's been on this whole time i knew it was dead. I went to charge it but it wouldn't recognize the charger. I tried every charger i own plus trying to hard reset and putting it in dfu mode on itunes and got no luck.
    If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.