+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G no touch (digitizer is fine)

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I hate that this is my first post here, already asking for help, but I'm just about at my last straw here. I've asked most places I possibly could, hopefully
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3G no touch (digitizer is fine)
    I hate that this is my first post here, already asking for help, but I'm just about at my last straw here. I've asked most places I possibly could, hopefully something will pay off here or I can just get a "hey, you're screwed" response

I'm attempting to repair an iPhone 3G that was dropped in water recently. I took the front display assembly off, removed the logic board, the battery, and then put each piece in a bag of rice for two weeks. It was not turned on after it dropped in water.

I've done simple work on other iPhones before, just the replacement of a camera and a digitizer. My problem here is with the touch functionality on the phone. I have another iPhone 3G, I swapped the display assembly from the water damaged phone and put it in the non water damaged phone and touch works fine. Then, I put the display assembly from the non-water damaged phone into the water damaged phone, no touch functionality whatsoever. Everything works on the water damaged phone: backlight, vibrator, screen, dock connector, just no touch.

Is there something tiny I could have forgotten about in putting the phone back together? I've now took it apart and put it back together multiple times trying to see if I missed something, but I still end up with the same problem.

If everything is as it should be, I'm assuming the problem here lies in the logic board? I'm just looking for some support in coming to a conclusion like this.

I've also done a DFU restore on the phone to make sure it wasn't software related.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Sounds like the connector for the cable on the logic board is bad thats why its not reading the digi. Did you try washing the board? If not id try that if that doesnt fix it then i am going to say that the board is fried and you need a new one.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

I agree, I used some RadioShack board cleaner today on my connectors for my digitizer, lcd, etc. that weren't working before and it cleaned them up quite well. Just be sure you let it dry before snapping it all back together.