+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problems with new jailbroken iphone 4

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So guys, first iphone first jailbreak, straight iphone virgin over here. N e wais, what happened was i downlaod and installed this gps app, from cydia called BTstsck GPS. One
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Problems with new jailbroken iphone 4
    So guys, first iphone first jailbreak, straight iphone virgin over here. N e wais, what happened was i downlaod and installed this gps app, from cydia called BTstsck GPS.

One i downlaoded it said run on sprinboard or sumthin. I think my iphone either crashed or resetted. And then it gave me thin green lines at the top iphone just one runnin across the screen when i got into the logo. it fades out in the middle but closer to the edges it appears.

Now, the situation is, i really dislike the sight of these lines, it give my once flawless iphone a sense of destruction. I have not used system restore yet, but is hopein not to take that route, im looking so far as to do so and use my manufacturer warranty.

The OS seems fine so far.

Suggestions anyone?>

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The App may not be compatible with your phone and OS. First, enter Cydia, go to manage apps and remove the GPS app you installed. Reboot the phone and check for the green lines.

If still there, delete any other packages you have installed, one at a time, and repeat the reboot process.

All else fails, backup your phone and restore it through itunes.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Almost everyone has gotten the green lines with the iPhone4 jailbreak. It's only during restarting, don't let it concern you. If it really bugs you, restore your phone to new condition I suppose. It's one of those insignificant things that the dev team will get around to fixing eventually. My guess would be on the 4.1 JB whenever that comes out. Just my .02

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kartos View Post
    So guys, first iphone first jailbreak, straight iphone virgin over here. N e wais, what happened was i downlaod and installed this gps app, from cydia called BTstsck GPS.

One i downlaoded it said run on sprinboard or sumthin. I think my iphone either crashed or resetted. And then it gave me thin green lines at the top iphone just one runnin across the screen when i got into the logo. it fades out in the middle but closer to the edges it appears.

Now, the situation is, i really dislike the sight of these lines, it give my once flawless iphone a sense of destruction. I have not used system restore yet, but is hopein not to take that route, im looking so far as to do so and use my manufacturer warranty.

The OS seems fine so far.

Suggestions anyone?>
    It has to do with the kernel shellcode jailbreakme uses (temporarily stored on the framebuffer). There is nothing wrong with your phone. It isn't worth the developers (Comex) time to fix that until the jailbreak is re-written for iOS 4.1. Hope that puts you mind at ease.

-J