+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help - Iphone 3G 8GB iOS 4 got dropped in water(white screen)

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello, i am new here hopefully here i will find some help because i've searched all over the internet but nothing. I have this Iphone 3G who got dropped in
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help - Iphone 3G 8GB iOS 4 got dropped in water(white screen)
    Hello, i am new here hopefully here i will find some help because i've searched all over the internet but nothing.
    I have this Iphone 3G who got dropped in toilet. When he made contact with the water the screen started to flick and show the menu/apple logo/white screen/grey screen/black screen and gone dead.After this i ran back home and started to dissensembly it(maybe my bad) to parch it piece by piece. My LCD display got burned because the phone was working and he was short circuited. Ok..all good after ordering a new lcd i have putted together all the pieces, started the phone and plugged it to usb and guess what..itunes recognize it and makes a fully sync(i can copy,delete) do anything on it but i have a white screen. I still can unlock my phone(you can hear the sound) and lock it back(power button not working so well now, i need to push harder) i can do printscreen and get the photo in my computer but still white screen.Yes..have to mention that my sim is no longer recognized. After this i've searched over the internet and tryed to do a hard reset(home+ power) for at least 20seconds and yes my screen goess black but comes back to white. I've tried to do a restore but still nothing. Someone told me that i need to change my logicboard but it's to expensive and not worthing for me(i can buy a used but working one with that money) . I've attached some pics for you to see and hooopefuly someone can give me some advice. thank you and thanks for reading all this
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help - Iphone 3G 8GB iOS 4 got dropped in water(white screen)-img_3474.jpg   Help - Iphone 3G 8GB iOS 4 got dropped in water(white screen)-img_3476.jpg   Help - Iphone 3G 8GB iOS 4 got dropped in water(white screen)-img_3475.jpg  
    Last edited by mdoru; 07-27-2010 at 09:15 AM. Reason: forgot to say something

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

possibly re open and just double check all your connections make sure theres nothing loose... otherwise its basically bin and replace.
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i've checked several times believe me but nothing

Thanks
    Thanked 3,873 Times in 2,212 Posts

I would have to say that something on your logic board is fried or you got a bad lcd try and exchange it. If you get a new one and that doesnt work then more than likely you fried something on the logic board.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by westerman View Post
    I would have to say that something on your logic board is fried or you got a bad lcd try and exchange it. If you get a new one and that doesnt work then more than likely you fried something on the logic board.
    i went to 5 diferent phone services here in my town and no one knows what the problem exactly is(they are not apple authorised but are dealing with apple phones too). i`ll give a last try today some friend recommended me a place, i will go and see if something can be done if not i will buy an 16gb 3gs i've founded some at 230 euro cause iphone 4 is to expensive and that's it.

Thanks

Try the link in my sig... If not PM me, I'll do it for you.
    iPhone 4, Yellow Custom Glass, 32GB, 4.3.3, non-working home button. And a prototype iPhone 4 White.
    Main Computer:MacBook Unibody Plastic, 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 250x2GB, Red glowing Apple.
    Water Damaged iPhone? Don't throw it away; iPhone Motherboard washing tutorial!!! (PM me I will do it for you)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Try washing the phone out with 99-100% iso alcohol (submersing entire phone in it) to get rid of any remaining minerals from water. Then set the phone in a bag of rice for 2-7 days to suck out the remaining moisture. Then try to turn the phone on again. That usually fixes water-damaged phones. Next time, do this first before opening up the phone.

Sometimes remaining minerals from water get stuck in the little crevices that could block or disable the phone's functions so washing that out is important.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 07-29-2010 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars478 View Post
    Try the link in my sig... If not PM me, I'll do it for you.
    hy...have you readed your imbox messeges ??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Anybody can help me?
    Hello,

I have simillar problem but I didn't drop my iPhone. My iphone just start flickering for a while and after 1minutes ther was only white screen on my iphone.

I did try to restore, but nothing help, I installed new software and also nothing. I open my iphone, cheked all conections, i connect my old screen [with some cracks] and nothing helped. There was only white screen. But after that I start to think there is something wrong with the mainboard.

Does anyone know any solution? [maybe "heat up" the logic board or else...]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Borek View Post
    Hello,

I have simillar problem but I didn't drop my iPhone. My iphone just start flickering for a while and after 1minutes ther was only white screen on my iphone.

I did try to restore, but nothing help, I installed new software and also nothing. I open my iphone, cheked all conections, i connect my old screen [with some cracks] and nothing helped. There was only white screen. But after that I start to think there is something wrong with the mainboard.

Does anyone know any solution? [maybe "heat up" the logic board or else...]
    i don't know if is good for you logicboard to be heated you know ? because you can fry up some small pieces and crack it for ever. My screen was flickering too for 4 or 5 seconds and then was gone in pure white but beside you mine was burned i had to replace it and still white. Today i will buy some isopropylic alcoohol and i will try to see what will happen, i have nothing to lose. I keep you in touch with results.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

oookey..soo no sign of good luck. my phone still not working. I think that's it, still white screen.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default I cooked some phone
    Quote Originally Posted by mdoru View Post
    i don't know if is good for you logicboard to be heated you know ? because you can fry up some small pieces and crack it for ever. My screen was flickering too for 4 or 5 seconds and then was gone in pure white but beside you mine was burned i had to replace it and still white. Today i will buy some isopropylic alcoohol and i will try to see what will happen, i have nothing to lose. I keep you in touch with results.

After I get sure there is something wrong with the logic board i thought: " i don't have nothing to lose" and I used a heat gun [I fried up my logic board ]
    Afterwords I switched on my iPhone and it was working... let's say for 15-30 seconds. Very fast it star fickering again [3sec.] and my lovely white screen comes back.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Borek View Post
    After I get sure there is something wrong with the logic board i thought: " i don't have nothing to lose" and I used a heat gun [I fried up my logic board ]
    Afterwords I switched on my iPhone and it was working... let's say for 15-30 seconds. Very fast it star fickering again [3sec.] and my lovely white screen comes back.
    ohoho omg really ? i do not have a heat gun right now and anyway i give up. Today i'm sending the phone to some guy for exchange. I`m glad to hear that your phone was back to life but..it`s sad to know that was only for a so short time. I think something is crused on yours too and we can do nothing.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mdoru View Post
    I think something is crused on yours too and we can do nothing.
    yes, I assume there is something wrong with some chip but I can be wrong. My iPhone just die. I just recieve an sms and i took my phone th the hand and screen was already fickering. Before that happened iPhone was all the time on my table for about 1 hour.
    I will buy logic board and I will replace it myself. I'm almost sure it will work.