+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ipod touch won't charge properly?

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
To get to the point read the third paragraph. I just bought a used Ipod touch 32GGB 3rd gen off a guy on craigslist. When I got it the ipod
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Ipod touch won't charge properly?
    To get to the point read the third paragraph.

I just bought a used Ipod touch 32GGB 3rd gen off a guy on craigslist. When I got it the ipod was restored and had about 60% battery left. He said he doesn't have a charger for it because the one he had for it he is using with his iphone now.

So any way, I took the ipod home, every thing worked perfect, I didn't have a charger so I borrowed a charger from my friend. It's a griffin charger that works fine on his Ipod touch 2nd gen 16GB.

I tried the griffin charger cable to charge my Ipod touch 32GB 3rd gen and it would say "Charging is not supported with this accessory" However I can still sync it with itunes and what not. The weird thing is, if I push the charger (Slightly) in more it would actually charge the ipod and the error message would not appear.

Do you think that it's just the cable that's not supported? Or possibly my connector is loose / broken? I tried using a brush to clean it, no luck. If I push it in slightly and slowly let go and not touch it at all it continues to charge, but if I just connect it without giving it a good push it gives me the error.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,873 Times in 2,212 Posts

I would do one of 2 things
    1 its the charger see if you cant get another charger and see if it does the same thing. If it doesnt your good.

If not then your dock connector is probably messed up in one way or another and needs to either be warrentied by apple. Taken to a repair center, or do it you self and get you and change out the dock connector its pretty simple to do and a cheap fix. Just dont keep using that charger because you will void warrenty.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Regarding dock connector
    Another used 3G Iphone problem. (s) I bought this off of EB when I plug my working Iphone into to puter Itunes comes alive. This one doesnt do anything to the puter. No action. I have a spare board, but I do not want to upset the spare board. Would anybody suggest replacing dock connector before board or should I be OK to insert spare board. also can I safely operate Iphone in semi disassembled condition, touch screen not attached what so ever, just to test to see if Itunes recognizes phone?

thank you

Thanks

You can try the spare bored with out messing it up. If that doesnt fix it then it is more than likely the dock connector.

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thank you. Do I have to completely assemble phone or can I test without screen connected?

Very timely response. Thank you

6. The Following User Says Thank You to WhyKnot For This Useful Post:

Cowboy (07-28-2010)

Thanks

just have the volume on and you should beable to hear it ding when you plug it and itunes will pop up no need for the screen to be plugged in.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Tried it, without screen in place, put 4, 5, and 6 in place no joy. Dock connector gone south?? What do you think??

thank you again

Thanks

You most defiantly sorry but u can get one for under 30 on ebay...

And just hit the button
    vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

I<3MoMo (07-30-2010), WhyKnot (07-28-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Speed, accuracy, and polite.

thanks for input

Thanks

Thank you and if ever need anything else feel free to send me a private message