+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3GS 4.0 CPU speed 600 MHZ, it was 400MHZ

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I installed an application called "SysInfoPlus" for jailbreak iphones, this free app gives you lost of info about the Iphone hardware among others. I noticed since I upgraded my 3GS
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Iphone 3GS 4.0 CPU speed 600 MHZ, it was 400MHZ
    I installed an application called "SysInfoPlus" for jailbreak iphones, this free app gives you lost of info about the Iphone hardware among others. I noticed since I upgraded my 3GS to 4.0 that it was way faster. Any way, the CPU speed before was 400 MHz, now it is 600 MHz! So Apple increase the speed of this baby to 600MHZ, this explains why my 3GS works really good with the new OS 4.0.

My two cents.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Iphone 3GS 4.0 CPU speed 600 MHZ, it was 400MHZ-img_0055.png  

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

the 3GS was always 600 MHz. If it was 400 MHz then it would be slower than a 3G, because they are 412 MHz. No program exists to actually measure clock speed directly, it is just stored as a value in the phone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbourizk View Post
    Mine says 600 as well on my 3GS.
    It does seem smooth with OS4 installed
    Yes it does. I compared my 3GS OS 4.0 with a new 4.0 Iphone, to be honest, I did not see any difference at all in speed.