+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod Touch to iPhone project

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
If i took apart my phone and got out the right components then linked them to an old sync cable with soldering and such could i give my jailbroken iPod
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPod Touch to iPhone project
    If i took apart my phone and got out the right components then linked them to an old sync cable with soldering and such could i give my jailbroken iPod Touch cellular capabilities? (assuming the right software was installed my iTouch) Help on how to do this would be appreciated.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sgt.pepper's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont thinnk so. possibly just cuz the case isnt big enough for it. and if you really want that just use voip phone and stuff.ic and stuff, and look up on you tube on how to make and receive calls on itouch

HIT THANKS IF I HELPED!

13 recovery mode restores
    7 dfu mode restores
    2 custom firmware restores

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

case? the idea's to make the hardware externally connecting through the sync port in the iTouch. i've got voip phone and made a theme to change it to look like the iPhone phone app and used rename to call it phone but i'd rather use cell to have usage outside WiFi

iPhone? More like MyPhone sgt.pepper's Avatar
    Thanks

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh. i see. i thought you were gonna try to seal it all in and stuff. okay. and yeah. i dont know, it could work. i wouldnt try it becuz i dont have both, and im not gutsy enough. its up to you though.

HIT THANKS IF I HELPED!

13 recovery mode restores
    7 dfu mode restores
    2 custom firmware restores

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sgt.pepper For This Useful Post:

Protokyuubi (07-06-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks. know anyone who has tried something like this?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i dont think you can fit all the 2g or 3g cell hardware in an ipod touch. best and cheapest thing would be to get an iphone 2g on craigslist for like 120 or so.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,460 Times in 1,264 Posts

No. You cant just solder some stuff together and expect it to work. Its WAYYYY more complicated than that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

wasn't the fact that the plan's external explained already? and my first msg asks if a hypothetical software was existing and working on the ipod touch to make it work, would it be possible through putting the right components together, not would it be difficult to do it. if someone with knowledge in phone hardware could make a simple diagram of how to connect what to what, that would be greatly appreciated.

Green Apple
    Thanks

^^ im not sure how you would do it.. you would need the bluetooth, satellite receiver for the phone and a microphone of course. that all has to connect to something and that something is the mobo. not sure how you would pull this off.. if you can find a way though.. it would be cool, there is no doubt about that.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

VOIP and a bluetooth headset would be the easiest way. If you want to make the touch into a phone it would cost more to do than to buy a phone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It sounds to me like you are trying to put a square block in a circular hole.

That just doesnt make any sense.

I can take the turbo charger out of my car and hook it up to my computer....but it isnt going to make it run faster.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JChivell View Post
    It sounds to me like you are trying to put a square block in a circular hole.

That just doesnt make any sense.

I can take the turbo charger out of my car and hook it up to my computer....but it isnt going to make it run faster.
    there's never been a computer with a turbo charger manufactured by either a car company or computer company that's worked ^^ that analagy doesn't corrallate.

thanks for your help everyone =3 i'm gonna go study sim cards and sattellite recievers now and if it gets anywhere, i'll make another thread!

(#) <----- SQUARE BLOCK IN A CIRCULAR HOLE O.O
    Last edited by Protokyuubi; 07-10-2010 at 09:39 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    No. You cant just solder some stuff together and expect it to work. Its WAYYYY more complicated than that.
    Nah. For serious?