+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G, iOS 4.0

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Unlocked and Jailbroken, have you noticed the lag and delay? Is there any fixes to this ?
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3G, iOS 4.0
    Unlocked and Jailbroken, have you noticed the lag and delay?
    Is there any fixes to this ?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Disable wallpapers (you can do this with redsn0w, just make sure you uncheck "Install Cydia" first). If you require wallpapers, download Bosspaper from Cydia, it's better anyway.

If that doesn't help, disable Multitasking (see above). Try Backgrounder instead.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

I apologize for my newb question, but why would you have to unistall Cydia? Are you saying to check that box first?

I just put resnow on my 3G with 4.0 and I have no issues. It is running a little slower, but its amazing overall.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Sorry mustard05, to clarify: doing that will NOT uninstall Cydia. It will simply prevent redsn0w from attempting to install it again (this will cause problems on your phone!)

Whenever using redsn0w it's important to remember to check only the boxes that you need at the time.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

I reran Red snow after your original post, and I left Cydia checked (opps). I haven’t noticed anything weird with the phone, but I will pay attention in the future.

As for the phone, it is a 3g on the ios 4.0 running Red snow with multi-tasking and the battery % bar. So far the phone is running perfect, but I have turned off a ton of crap ( in settings) that I never use. I truly believe that is the key to a smoother running phone, with exceptional battery life. One month ago my phone would die within 5 hours, with me barely using it. Today, the phone last all day with me on it!

So far I can say this is the most satisfied I have been with the phone since I bought it over a year ago.

I appreciate everyone’s help and knowledge on this board!