+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS wont turn on anymore...

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have a jailbroken 4.0 on firmware 5.11.07...So i tried installing a custom ispw through the latest snowbreeze on itunes 9.2...Right when it got to the end it had an
    My iPhone is a Part of Me doomsday116's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 3GS wont turn on anymore...
    I have a jailbroken 4.0 on firmware 5.11.07...So i tried installing a custom ispw through the latest snowbreeze on itunes 9.2...Right when it got to the end it had an error and gave me a the custom start icon then it went to a white screen. So i tried many ways to create the custom file but no luck. So i decided to put back the original custom 4.0 on my phone again. Once it was done it turned off and i cant get it back on.Dont know what to do, i tried to put it in dfu/recovery and it wont turn on. Its plugged in to the computer so i doubt its low on battery..Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...Thanks in advance..

Ok i can finally get it to restore option in itunes now but every time i try to use a firmware file that use to work i get this error "The iphone could not be restored. An unknown Error occured 1600"...so now the iphone remains turned off...oh great! THe screen is black even in DFU mode nothing turnes on but every time i hook it up to itunes it recognized it.
    Last edited by doomsday116; 07-04-2010 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 3,808 Times in 2,187 Posts

try installing the firm where manually by holding command or shift key on your computer and selecting the firmware yourself
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here