Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Is it just the batteryis a discussion within the
Hardwareforums, a part of the
I found an old Iphone 2G in the house today which had fallen and wouldnt come on at times so was never used again. I found that a small connecter...
07-02-2010, 12:59 PM #1Is it just the battery
I found an old Iphone 2G in the house today which had fallen and wouldnt come on at times so was never used again. I found that a small connecter under the pcb board ( the one connected to the battery ) had came loose. I just couldnt get it to connect as there isnt much room. I decided to lift the board and battery however i touch the positive terminal of the battery and a very small spark came about.Phone wont power on ( fixed the connector etc )so have i just damaged the battery or something else like a fuse. I see batteries on ebay etc but might just sell as a damaged/not working phone if its to much hassle. So anyone any idea if i have just shorted the battery or something else.
07-02-2010, 04:11 PM #2
Try turn it on while its plugged in and charged a little. If it still doesnt turn on then you did something bad.