Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
07-02-2010, 03:03 AM #1
Help with updating software, Iphone 2g
i purchased this iphone in singapore unlocked and jailbroken.
Anyway a year or so ago i updated my iphone 2g's firmware to 2.2.1 which was the latest at the time, however now there is newer firmware and this particular software is needed to use some of my purchased applications. The latest frmware for Iphone 2g i believe is 3.1.3...
so i have a few questions for im not very tech savey.
1. After looking through a few guides on google, they all involve unlocking and jailbreaking the iphone again... Dose this need to be done? or will it just stuff the phone up due to it already being jailbroken and unlocked?
2. Some of the guides say to download and update the iphone using ituned first... so do i do this considering my phone is jailbroken? wont it lock the phone?
3. Can someone please explain to me a step by step guide on how to update my iphone 2g to this 3.1.3 software? im too freightend to try any of the dodgy sounding guides i found on google.
thanks for the help in advance very appreciated.
07-02-2010, 03:53 AM #2
1. Yes you'll need to jailbrake & unlock again (but it won't stuff up you phone).
2. Yes but you can then unlock it again.
3. Try this: CLICKY
The above is for Windows but has a link to a Mac version if you need that instead.