+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NOTHING on my iPhone

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi everyone, Something got screwed up on my iPhone (3gs 3.1.2) big time!! Basically there is NOTHING on my iphone, all I have is a black screen and the only
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy NOTHING on my iPhone
    Hi everyone,

Something got screwed up on my iPhone (3gs 3.1.2) big time!!

Basically there is NOTHING on my iphone, all I have is a black screen and the only apps that stayed are youtube and blackra1n and facebook - THATS IT!! i dont even have the icons from teh dock, no phone, no email, no messages - NOTHING! i tried searching for things like settings, that normally would come up, but nothing comes up! i cant make phone calls, I can receive, but all i can do is accept and hang up the call - nothing else!

the stuff is on the iphone i know that cause the memory hasnt changed. When everything was working fine there was 14.XX GB on it and there is still the same amount.

this is what i did and how it happened.
    I bought a new 3gs for my husband, and i ran blackra1n, jailbroke it in a second, and unlocked it in a second. I called tmobile to get the codes for the network settings so the internet and mms work on it. the guy tells me to reboot the iphone so everything registers on their network. i reboot it and the phone displays the plug into itunes pic, so whatever i thought i locked it again, so I ran blackra1n again to redo everything, which worked but then when i looked everything got deleted from it?? i tried a few more times do redo it and nothing is helping?

i searched all over the internet and i couldnt find anyone who experienced something like this?
    i thought i could restore to 3.1.2 again but ofcourse i found out that apple stopped signing for the authorization, so yay i downloaded 3.1.2 for nothing...

im kind of hesitant to download 4.0 since jailbreak and unlock is still in beta stages..

anyone have any idea what the heck i could do or what the heck i actually did?
    I unlocked and jailbroke my 3g without any kinds of problems, is this something normal for the 3gs?

please help!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

you can still restore your iphone to 3.1.2 if your on 3.1.2 but you can't downgrade back to 3.1.2 if you are on 3.1.3 unless you have made a backup of your ECID shsh.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i am on 3.1.2 but how would i go about restoring it back to 3.1.2? i thought if i restore it through itunes it automatically downloads 4.0?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

nope just do press the shift button on your keyboard if your on windows then click on restore and find the appropriate firmware for your iphone which is 3.1.2 which is the one you downloaded on your computer

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

see i did that but then when the screen comes up for apple to authenticate, i get an error message that they wont authenticate

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

wow that's weird i was able to restore mine a few weeks back i have a iphone 3g 3.1.2 firmware and upgrade to a CFW 3.1.3 but the unlocked didn't worked so i restored back to 3.1.2 and it worked without a problem.