Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help!!

Default help!!
    well this sucks ut i noticed dead spots on my iphone touch screen. i just replaced the lcd and digitizer 4 weeks ago everrything worked fine with no restore at all. untill yesterday afternoon when dead spots all alone the whole left side started showing up!! what can i do??? whats wrong is there any way to fix it? im flat broke so i cant buy anything at all and i use my iphone alot but now i cant type A's W's and everything else on that side! i even restored just now and it still whont work whats wrong!!!!!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Is it a uniform line along the left side? Maybe something wiggled loose after you fixed it and is causing the problem.

It's like almost a uniform line q works not w I gotta try a little for the phone icon I just reopened it and nothing seemed lose. What could be wrong ? It's been working fine until now. I updated to 0s 4 and it still dose it

most probably a cheap quality part(glass/digitizer). they work for awhile and then stop working or have odd issues.

It sounds like the flex pcb is not making good contact to the digitizer. I recommend you buy another digitizer + midframe assembly off eBay (about $22) and fix it yourself. Will take you 15 minutes.

Edit: It will be a bit of a mission, but you can try applying pressure around the red area while everything is switched on and see if it helps.

Last edited by megatesla; 06-25-2010 at 04:12 AM.

it cant be the whole thing its probly just the digitzer right?